Diablo® III

How fast does Mana regenerate?

Looking for the actual stat. Does anyone know? Is it 12.5 per second? Is it 750 per minute? Anyone playing the Beta know this?

Thank you kindly!
Reply Quote
...does anyone know? Could someone on the Beta check for me really quick? :-\
Reply Quote
...anyone at all? I'm getting quite uncomfortable with bumping this thread...
Reply Quote
I'm afraid I do not know for sure, but I imagine that mana regenerates based on max mana. I imagine that you gain maximum mana with every level up, and thus you will regenerate more mana with each level up.

In case you weren't aware, in Diablo 2 mana regenerated at around .8% per second. If mana follows a similar model, you will regenerate a % of max mana per second. Hopefully it is higher than .8%, as I believe a blue post somewhere suggested that they intended for classes to be able to spam their starting spells.

It's possible that as your level increases, the % of mana you regenerate decreases, so that you will eventually become reliant on one of the mana regeneration passives or one of the orange runestones on your attack spells.
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Priest
Mana will regenerate slowly enough that you will need to dedicate one Active or one Passive skill to dealing with mana issues. I am a fan of Soul Harvest + golden for a "generic WD".
Edited by Maharal on 9/27/2011 11:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Currently in the beta you start with 200 max mana and you regenerate 1800 per minute (30 per second). You gain 30 max mana per level while mana regeneration stays the same.
Reply Quote
Item to Skeletton kings could give from 300 to 450 mana per minutes
Reply Quote
09/28/2011 02:06 AMPosted by JumpyMonkey
Currently in the beta you start with 200 max mana and you regenerate 1800 per minute (30 per second). You gain 30 max mana per level while mana regeneration stays the same.

That's really interesting.

So does that mean 1970 mana max when you hit level 60 I wonder? 200 mana for level 1. 59 levels to level 60 so 59 x 30 = 1770 + original 200 = 1970.

I assume we'll get WD gear that will jack that up, because otherwise, 3 uses of Acid Cloud and we're nearly out of mana!

On the other hand (actually the same hand), Soul Harvest gives back about 1100 mana per mob affected, so 1970 can't be right.... unless gear affects it heaps.
Edited by Cujo on 9/28/2011 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2011 07:56 AMPosted by Cujo
So does that mean 1970 mana max when you hit level 60 I wonder? 200 mana for level 1. 59 levels to level 60 so 59 x 30 = 1770 + original 200 = 1970.

When I look at Soul Harvest with golden rune (restore 1188 mana for every affected enemy), it really leads me to believe otherwise

And yet, those healing and mana regeneration stats really seem off kilter, they might just be placeholder numbers, and perhaps around 2000 base max mana is what a level 60 will have
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]