Diablo® III

Poison Dart: Attack or Cast Speed?

Hey all,

Does anyone know if the WD Poison Dart skill benefits from attack speed or cast speed? If you could give a source that would be awesome! ^^

Thanks,
~JuLiuS
Edited by JuLiuS on 10/1/2011 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Probably casting speed but who cares, Poison Dart is terrible :x
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Priest
Poison dart + indigo seems like the best single target skill WD has. Or am I missing something?
Reply Quote
10/01/2011 11:15 PMPosted by Maharal
Poison dart + indigo seems like the best single target skill WD has. Or am I missing something?

Indigo runed zombie charger seems even better, but just depends how it works. But if they all go in a straight line, then should be considered as single target and can perhaps pierce as well.
Reply Quote
Yeah it seems to me that indigo Poison Dart and Zombie Charger would be like multi arrow and have a spray effect. I have no idea though, just speculation.

Does anyone know how to distinguish which abilities get bonuses from attack speed and which from cast speed? Does the WD benefit at all from attack speed for any of his abilities?
Reply Quote
Yeah it seems to me that indigo Poison Dart and Zombie Charger would be like multi arrow and have a spray effect. I have no idea though, just speculation.

Does anyone know how to distinguish which abilities get bonuses from attack speed and which from cast speed? Does the WD benefit at all from attack speed for any of his abilities?

All of the WD skills should be cast speed.

Its hard to tell now that they changed all the skills to weapon damage but basically all of the WD and Wizard skills are based on cast speed with the exception of Spectral Blades. All of the Barbarian, Monk, and Demon Hunter should be based on attack speed.
Reply Quote

All of the WD skills should be cast speed.

Its hard to tell now that they changed all the skills to weapon damage but basically all of the WD and Wizard skills are based on cast speed with the exception of Spectral Blades. All of the Barbarian, Monk, and Demon Hunter should be based on attack speed.

That sounds like a fair assessment.
Reply Quote

Indigo runed zombie charger seems even bette

No. Zombie charger isn't a single target dmg spell
Reply Quote
ATTENTION ALL

Poison Dart is affected by ATTACK SPEED
This is also the case for Firebomb.

Go get a +Attack speed shrine and see for yourself.

Also, Poison Dart is amazing for single target damage if you count it's DoT and anyone who bags it is a nub.

/thread.
Reply Quote
ATTENTION ALL

Poison Dart is affected by ATTACK SPEED
This is also the case for Firebomb.

Go get a +Attack speed shrine and see for yourself.

Also, Poison Dart is amazing for single target damage if you count it's DoT and anyone who bags it is a nub.

/thread.

The attack speed shrine also increases your cast speed...
Reply Quote
Hmm if attack speed shrines increase both attack speed and cast speed, and certain spells are affected by attack speed and not cast speed (which seems odd), why not just combine them into a single stat. I mean they made wizard and WD damage based on attack.. so why not make attack speed equivalent to cast speed. All classes use spells to deal a majority of their damage anyway, no one really "autoattacks" to get kills so... why not just simplify and combine it like they did with attack.

Just my thoughts.. will probably get shot down and flamed.
Reply Quote
Hmm if attack speed shrines increase both attack speed and cast speed, and certain spells are affected by attack speed and not cast speed (which seems odd), why not just combine them into a single stat. I mean they made wizard and WD damage based on attack.. so why not make attack speed equivalent to cast speed. All classes use spells to deal a majority of their damage anyway, no one really "autoattacks" to get kills so... why not just simplify and combine it like they did with attack.

Just my thoughts.. will probably get shot down and flamed.

mm no (to being shot down / flamed, at least by me), i see a simplified version of + speed being fine with the way things are currently working, theyre already full of synergy

but i see MF the same way... either a low cap or removed all together to let my monster killing speed determine my MF =/
Edited by Honor on 10/8/2011 9:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]