Diablo® III

Zombie only WD

Just for fun, I thought I'd try and make a WD build exclusively with zombie abilities. This is what I came up with:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#XkYRbh!abc!YaaZaY

The biggest issue is that there are no mana restoring zombie abilities, so I've used Blood Ritual and Spiritual Attunement to offset this somewhat, and then taken the regen abilities even further with Circle of Life, Alabaster Grasp of the Dead, and Alabaster Zombie Dogs. Otherwise there's still a decent mix of damage abilities, and between pet tanking and grasp of the dead it should be possible to keep some distance from enemies.

The build started off just for fun, but I reckon it could actually be pretty fun to play. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
10/02/2011 01:12 AMPosted by Ralortlawl
Zombie build without zombie handler? : (

Better a zombie build with no zombie handler than a zombie build with no mana :) I thought it better to err on the side of caution mana regen wise. If that wasn't too much of an issue (or it could be offset with gear), I'd definitely switch out Circle of Life for Zombie Handler.
Edited by Tempest on 10/2/2011 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Priest
Every single one of your passives is a mana passive. This is way too much -- replace one by pierce the veil and another by zombie handler.
Reply Quote
IT IS NOT ZOMBIE ENOUGH!
Just messing :3 I actually just made one myself. But you could have a different zombie skill in there: Alabaster Mass Confusion xD

But, I can see what Maharal is saying. Give a look at this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#XkYRbh!abX!YaaZYY

I didn't change too much, but it might be helpful.

Zombie Dogs Alabaster -> Zombie Dogs indigo: With this, you have less to worry about survivability. The changes with the passive would make it even better.

Blood Ritual -> Zombie Handler: By doing this, you will not have to worry as much about health costs (but a bit more of mana, but with your health globes from Grasp of the Dead and your two passives, you should be just fine.) Also, your dogs/Gargantuan will last longer, thus making you less of a target. And with Zombie Dogs Indigo, you have 4 dogs taking 70% of your damage but with 60% more health.

Hope that helps a bit :3
Reply Quote
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I probably did go a little overboard worrying about mana regen, but that's one of the joys of the current skill system -- it's really easy to keep switching stuff out as gear allows, and I'd rather start out overcompensating and switching over to more damage and stuff than going the other way.

Looking forward to actually trying this out (too bad we've still got a bit of a wait left).

(Also, Alabaster Mass Confusion is not zombie enough to make the cut, especially with lower level runestones :P)
Reply Quote
I dunno man. Depending on how long/how much health/if they count as regular Zombie Dogs (but can go above the cap of 3 or 4)... Having like 9 zombie dogs with Crimson rune would be pretty funny xP

I actually put Sacrifice in my zombie build. But to make it all zombie, I went Mass Confusion. Didn't see the acid cloud though, so might even change it to be like yours basically xP (because every skill besides acid cloud was the same) But with some different passives/runes :3
Edited by StaIker on 10/3/2011 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I dunno man. Depending on how long/how much health/if they count as regular Zombie Dogs (but can go above the cap of 3 or 4)... Having like 9 zombie dogs with Crimson rune would be pretty funny xP

I actually put Sacrifice in my zombie build. But to make it all zombie, I went Mass Confusion. Didn't see the acid cloud though, so might even change it to be like yours basically xP (because every skill besides acid cloud was the same) But with some different passives/runes :3

I was under the impression that you were capped at 3 dogs (4 w/ Zombie Handler), from any source. My "rule" was that all the spells had to involve attacking with zombies though, so Crimson Acid Cloud was basically my only choice for the 6th.

After looking at it some more, I'm leaning more towards this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#XkYRbh!abX!YaaZZY

I'm not that set on the Indigo rune for Zombie Charger -- they all sound decent, but it's hard to say without playing with them (still, Crimson for Zombie Bears sounds awesome). Likewise I'm not fully set on the run for Zombie Dogs -- Crimson's good for pure damage, but could easily go Alabaster or Indigo if survivability was an issue.

I've switched the passives around a little to bring in Zombie Handler, although I'd also look at switching Spiritual Attunement out for Gruesome Feast if mana really wasn't the issue I'm worried it could be.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I'm not sure why you would get the AoE zombie charger glyph AND corpse bomb AND pile on. I feel like with three main nukes like that you're not going to use any one enough to justify having the other two. I would maybe remove either the pile on rune or acid cloud entirely, and even then you've still got two high-damage AoE spammable nukes. You should try picking up something like fetish army.
Reply Quote
my zombie build XD

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fkcRbh!dbX!cZZZcc

firebomb is zombie enough imo, burning skull

and haunt is a spirit possession...
Edited by Honor on 10/4/2011 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/04/2011 04:16 PMPosted by Trangoul
I'm not sure why you would get the AoE zombie charger glyph AND corpse bomb AND pile on. I feel like with three main nukes like that you're not going to use any one enough to justify having the other two. I would maybe remove either the pile on rune or acid cloud entirely, and even then you've still got two high-damage AoE spammable nukes. You should try picking up something like fetish army.

Not zombie only enough. Your points may all be valid, but this isn't about having a solid, well-rounded build. This is about having a build where all the spells work by summoning zombies. :)

my zombie build XD

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fkcRbh!dbX!cZZZcc

firebomb is zombie enough imo, burning skull

and haunt is a spirit possession...

Same as above, firebomb/haunt are stretching it...
Edited by Tempest on 10/5/2011 1:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]