Leeching beasts- Seems like a nice rune. Good for a tanky approach.
Burning dogs- Seems like a nice rune too. Put out some more damage.
Final Gift- Leeching beasts seems to make this feel redundant but I can see some builds that can work with it.. get extra attack from globes etc.
Life Link- Okay.. another tanky style rune. Maybe better in pvp where players will attack you rather then pets.
Rabid dogs- I really don't see the point of this rune. It's just a weaker version of burning beasts. Sure there would be a time where the dog would get one hit off and die, and a dog with burning beast would get one second near an enemy then die, giving the rabid 35% weapon damage more.. but really?
This could be replaced with something else that really changes up the skill.
- Maybe a rune that reduces the number of dogs to one, but makes it lets say.. a zombie wolf, with more health and damage.
- Or the opposite end and increase the number to 6 and reduce the health and damage of each.
- Id even take a rune that makes the dogs leach mana.
- A rune that makes the dogs periodically taunt/debuff enemies.
- If we need a poison damage rune.. what about leave poison behind when killed..
Anything.. So many creative possibilities..