Diablo® III

Arena Combat

I love the new arena system, i think it's wonderful blizzard finally scrapped the horrid world PvP design. (although i wouldn't mind them adding a small 1v1 duel system).

yet i have a few questions i don't think have been answered yet.

in diablo 2 there were certain categories of duels

very low level duel was level 9 and took place in normal
low level duel was level 30 and took place in normal
mid level duel was up till 48 (oath was available at 49) and took place in nightmare
and high level duel was 60+ generally and took place in hell

With the new skill system (which is totally awesome) we don't need to worry about maxing certain skills to be good at each level. but I'm still curious

does blizzard have a plan to approach people wanting to duel at levels besides just the max of 60.

another thing that i thought of was something that concerned me in diablo 2.
i has a wonderful mid level dueling character. and i wanted to KEEP him mid level duel. the problem was if i ever wanted to play PVM with him i had to make sure i wouldn't accidentally level and had to spend lots of time purposely killing myself to prevent the level. I don't really think this is going to be a problem in diablo 3 but i wanted to know what blizzard thought about it.
Edited by FurryFury on 10/7/2011 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 3/18/2012 11:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
sounds like feature creep, like the rest of pvp.

it took them like, 3 expansions to implement that in wow? and they only put it in when they started giving you exp for battlegrounds.

i wouldn't know. i don't play wow and i never will. I like the Diablo and Starcraft series.
what i explained was what happens 95% of the time when people weren't getting greifed. or Nked or some other bad way bad becuase of the horrid implementation of pk in diablo 2.

This is how PvP worked in diablo 2 and how the arena is set up for diablo 3. its just as far i can only see the arena being high level duel. which is why i asked.
Edited by FurryFury on 10/7/2011 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
84 Human Warrior
Really? It's odd to hear people did fights in nightmare and hell. No matter the level the duel games I joined were always normal difficulty. (not because i looked for them, just because that is what people always made)
Reply Quote
10/07/2011 02:02 PMPosted by Bashedo
Really? It's odd to hear people did fights in nightmare and hell. No matter the level the duel games I joined were always normal difficulty. (not because i looked for them, just because that is what people always made)

Lol, you couldnt fight in normal as a caster becuase of the resistances. only magic and physcial damage which weren't affect by the resistance -40 and -100 change in nightmare and hell would it not matter what difficulty you were on
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/3/2012 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
84 Human Warrior
I know how nightmare and hell affected your character. Casters did fine without the resistance reductions.
Reply Quote

most pub pk games were held in hell because of how bad the public game finder was.

Isn't that the truth
Reply Quote
10/07/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Bashedo
I know how nightmare and hell affected your character. Casters did fine without the resistance reductions.

any real Pro dueling char would never go below resist 75% in norm. casters wouldn't be able to touch them.
(i hate the use the work Professional but its the closest thing i can come up with at the moment.)
Edited by FurryFury on 10/7/2011 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]