Diablo® III

Pile on augment for Wall Of Zombies

I'll keep this short... Is it just me or does this seem a bit campy? They're zombies, not cheerleaders.

What are your thoughts?
Edited by Valist on 10/11/2011 4:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If this was D2 yeah probably.. fire wall and bone wall never really seemed to make much sense in D2. I think the major difference with skill choice in D3 will be the monsters. It seems like they will be a lot more aggresive and smarter. There might be a lot of parts in the game where unrelenting waves of monsters are attacking you, and you would be begging a doctor to throw up a zombie wall.

maybe..... just thoughts.
Reply Quote
Just to Clarify I don't have an issue with the wall of zombies it's the augment that you can get instead of a wall, they pile on each others back and fall over on the enemy your targeting. It seems a little off color for zombie behavior. Even if they werent zombies i have never in my life heard of any battle tactic that involves stacking up and falling over on an enemy. Check out the animation and see if it seems silly to you.
Edited by Valist on 10/11/2011 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hahhaha ahhhhh gotcha. K just watched it, and.... it is awesome. Zombie wall, what more can you ask for.
Reply Quote
nonono it's the pile on augment you need to watch.
Reply Quote
witch doctor seems to be the comedy class in diablo 3. what do we have... giant toad? chicken metamorphosis? and now cheer leader zombies? might as well give us the spell of summon her high heelness lady gaga while they're at it (nothing against gaga here).
Edited by Queen on 10/11/2011 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
man I cant find the video of this. looking...
Reply Quote
People have refered to it as a Zombie Tower. It's in the b-roll video that was released on 1st Aug 2011.

It's here at the 1:18 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSsgs1Q0d3s
Edited by Cujo on 10/12/2011 5:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I really like it. Im a big fan of the WoZ, and seeing a rune effect wasted like that...its a shame. But anyway, I read once that Zombie Tower was the last idea implemented in the WoZ rune effects, when nothing else seemed to work.
Reply Quote
I just really hope they find some other idea than the zombie tower. It just really bugs me because it feels like one of the few skills that just doesn't seem to fit right in the game for the above mentioned reasons. Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be replaced with?

-A zombie with dual weild blades springs up from the ground and does 3 seconds of AOE?

-A zombie bursts up and spits balls of ranged acid at enemies?

Not about to say that it'll do any good towards changing Blizzards mind (these guys have proven to always know what they're doing) but maybe they'll take a second look at that augment and consider a change of some sort............... PLEASE!
Edited by Valist on 10/13/2011 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why would anybody get this rune? It defeats the entire purpose of having the wall, to CC and to protect you. There is also better dmg spells if you are taking it for the dmg.

Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The Witch Doctor seems to be the comic relief character for Diablo 3. It has a bunch of silly spell augments, but that just makes more fun in my opinion.

Should I summon a giant frog to gulp down that baddie after dropping a tower of zombies on top of his flaming-bat-covered head?

Yes, I really think I should. Oh, my, yes.
Reply Quote
10/14/2011 04:41 AMPosted by Brykolanas
Yes, I really think I should. Oh, my, yes.

you shameless arena troll D:
Reply Quote
i was pretty sure the animation would be a true tower of dead body emerging from the ground .
after seeing the true animation, i think it's ridiculous lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It looks awful. I'd like to see a massive arm (maybe composed of zombies or zombie parts) shoot up from the earth. It would slam to the ground, palm down. Its fingers would be in a claw position and it will pull back towards the witch doctor as if it were trying to drag something to hell with it.
Edited by Edrew on 3/21/2012 5:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
03/21/2012 05:05 AMPosted by Edrew
It looks awful. I'd like to see a massive arm (maybe composed of zombies or zombie parts) shoot up from the earth. It would slam to the ground, palm down. Its fingers would be in a claw position and it will pull back towards the witch doctor as if it were trying to drag something to hell with it.

I was thinking the same when I first read about the skill. Just not the part where the arm would drag stuff down from where it came. That would be a nice addition, though. An effect like the runed barbarian cleave that gathers enemies around one area. That and Grasp of the Dead would combo wonderfully.
Reply Quote
@ Edrew

I don't really mind the b-footage zombie cheerleaders - whatever, it's a skill I get to use.

But your idea with the massive zombie hand (nice and gory) would be too cool. Keep in mind, that we haven't seen footage of this skill since the B-roll...so we don't know for sure that it's 5 zombies doing cheerleader stunts anymore
Reply Quote
has nobody on here seen 300? given, i know that was a dead body wall, and not zombies, but it's pretty much the same philosophy on a larger scale, and was used quite effectively against the immortals! That's all i think of when i think about pile on and wall of zombies. that and 800% dmg, you can't argue with that... if it can hit several targets, it would be very effective CC. that, and that b-roll vid is old, they've changed up a bunch of animations since then, they might change that animation yet, who knows?
Reply Quote
I picked this rune up in my summoning build cause it does a tonne of damage 800 % weap dmg splash and knocks back. It does look a bit silly i agree but for the purpose of my build the skill in theory will work awesome.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]