Diablo® III

Brainstorming other Diablo acts...

I haven't seen much speculation on where the other acts will take place or just ideas on diablo-fitting settings for acts. Diablo 2 covered many 'demoic' areas so it's hard to think of new ones.

One thing I thought of is a sort of 'nightmare' act. Not the difficulty but a literal nightmare thats filled with demonic stuff. Designers wouldn't be limited by 'normal' reality there either so you could have some cool stuff happen.

Another idea is maybe a sort of nordic forest that has scatterings of little towns filled with cults. Pentagrams out in the forest. Churches burnt down. etc...

The blizzard north version of diablo 3 looked like it had a heaven type act. That could be interesting, Maybe your helping angels fight off demoic invasions. Its would be interesting to see an artistic interpretation of heaven and to fight along the angels like tyreal.

As far as settings that should make a return... I think the jungle is fitting since it goes so well with the witch doctor and the whole voodoo thing just seems very demoic. The corrupted/satanic church thing (monastery) is also too good not to bring back. Obviously hell is fitting for a return :)

What are some of your ideas/thoughts for what the other acts might be or ideas for good diablo acts?
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 3/18/2012 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Looking forward to what's in the bag...
Reply Quote
Call me a cynic, but I'm guessing it's going to be much like D2: desert for A2, jungle for A3, twisted hellscape for A4.
Reply Quote
I was not a fan of the D2 jungle act.

D3 however might make great looking jungles. Especially since one of the characters has backstory there. It's just in D2 it felt like a huge slog, much like a real jungle I guess.
Reply Quote
I was not a fan of the D2 jungle act.

D3 however might make great looking jungles. Especially since one of the characters has backstory there. It's just in D2 it felt like a huge slog, much like a real jungle I guess.

I agree D2 jungle (A3) was boring and was the most skipped over act in the game. But the basic theme of being deep in some unknown jungle with mayan-esk ruins overrun with demons is a good theme. If done well though in d3 it could be awesome. They just need to capture that whole 'im lost in the middle of some dark unknown jungle' with creepy sounds and all that. D2s jungle was more like 'im walking though a marsh with boring monsters to fight'.
Reply Quote
A3 was only boring because you found yourself turning around and having to run a very long way to go the right way, too often.

it was skipped because of the waypoint being just 1 zone entrance away from the act boss, and the waypoint before it was right next to the council.

Act 2 would have been completely skipped if the waypoint was inside the duriels chamber, and act 4 well, the seals sort of force you to fight through a lot.
Reply Quote
Sad the other novels aren't canon that is some great material.
Edited by Apophis on 10/7/2011 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]