Diablo® III

For all those people buying stuff in RMAH...

I have a question for you.

Once you bought all the best gear for your char what will you do?

There is a easily obtainable level cap at 60, so you wont be grinding for exp.
you can only have 10 chars, therefore you wont have a 50+ of lower level chars and remakes to equip.
You cant Greif people becuase you are now forced to duel in the arena where is going to be a fair fight.

Games get pretty boring when you have everything you need. So what are you guys going to do?

Reply Quote
grind for loot to sell/collect/use like any diablo gamer would.

pvp.

wait for new content to be added in patches.

why do you care what anybody does with the RMAH? if people want to spend money on items at the RMAH, that's their prerogative.
Reply Quote
First are foremost becuase im actually curious. i have spent 10 year of playing diablo 2 and after i finish i char i play it for like 2 more weeks. and it get boring after i have all the gear i needed, so i make a new char, different build. and eventually i just pretty much made dueling chars becuase pvm was so lame becuase no one actually played through it, it was just rush this or baal run. not that fun.

the point was though diablo 2 took me a VERY long time to get gear becuase i had to find it or find a trader for it.

with the gold ah you will still need to grind for gold to buy what you need. but if your spending real $ you can buy an item without ever having to play the char. so im genuinely curious, where is the fun in the game if you buy everything. you totally killed all the games replayability.
Edited by FurryFury on 10/7/2011 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
First are foremost becuase im actually curious. i have spent 10 year of playing diablo 2 and after i finish i char i play it for like 2 more weeks. and it get boring i have all the gear i needed, so i make a new char, different build. and eventually i just pretty much made dueling chars becuase pvm was so lame becuase no one actually played through it, it was just rush this or baal run. not that fun.

the point was though diablo 2 took me a VERY long time to get gear becuase i had to find it or find a trader for it.

with the gold ah you will still need to grind for gold to buy what you need. but if your spending real $ you can buy an item without ever having to play the char. so im genuinely curious, where is the fun in the game if you buy everything. you totally killed all the games replayability.

i personally won't be spending real money to buy items myself, but it happened all the time in d2. i know a couple people that made thousands on ebay selling items when d2 first came out. obviously that wasn't something they could maintain for more than a year, but it happened. and people are still buying items for d2 albeit at a much cheaper price.

basically what i'm saying is it has always been happening throughout the lifespan of d2, and the game is still alive and well today. so i don't see any reason why it would be different for d3
Reply Quote
i like how this post is titled for all those people buying stuff in the rmah... The rmah isnt even in the game yet no one can buy anything.

stop acting like since there is a rmah it means people will be able to buy all the best gear for every slot in 20 seconds. Blizzard is not selling the gear, meaning people actually have to find the items and then sell them on the rmah. The rmah is not going to have 300 of each of the best item in the game on it, and when they do go up only one person can win it. The Rmah is not like item shops in diablo 2 in any way, you cant purchase 10 enigmas at a time like you could in diablo 2. There wont be duping in d3 so very rare powerful items will stay very rare.

Im also pretty sure blizzard will keep updating the item database so there will always be something else you need.

i have spent 10 year of playing diablo 2 and after i finish i char i play it for like 2 more weeks. and it get boring after i have all the gear i needed,

diablo 2 is not diablo 3. It only took you 2 weeks to finish a character due to dupes. If there were no dupes in d2 you know how long it would take you to get one of those end game runewords?? a lot longer then 2 weeks..... A lot of those runewords were balanced around the fact of how rare they should of been.
Edited by Infamous on 10/7/2011 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll join your game and ask you why your gear sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
10/07/2011 07:10 PMPosted by SpinDrJr
I'll join your game and ask you why your gear sucks.

I lol'd
Reply Quote
You guys realize that it will take months to get the RMAH full of items right?

The people playing the game actualy has to FIND that item and put it up on the RMAH and I doubt people will sell their fisrt legendaries.
Reply Quote
I'll summarize OP's post.

"Stop liking what I don't like."
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I have a question for you.

Once you bought all the best gear for your char what will you do?

There is a easily obtainable level cap at 60, so you wont be grinding for exp.
you can only have 10 chars, therefore you wont have a 50+ of lower level chars and remakes to equip.
You cant Greif people becuase you are now forced to duel in the arena where is going to be a fair fight.

Games get pretty boring when you have everything you need. So what are you guys going to do?

You realize that "buying all the best gear for your char" isn't as easy as you make it sound right? Due to the random properties of items, it will be near impossible to have the absolute best gear in every slot, even if you spend thousands.

I agree that once you have the best gear, you can get bored. When I finished trading up the gear for any of my characters, I would then perfect that gear. A shako was good, but a perf defense one was better so I'd pursue that. An "enigma" armor was good, but one on a perfect 15% ED/15% dura base item was better (ok not really, but you get the picture).

But eventually, due to the way D2 worked (with dupes flying around and whatnot) yes, eventually I would reach that point of perfect gear in every slot. When that happened, I moved on to another character.

So I guess the answer really is, if you buy everything and reach that point of 100% perfect items on every character, 1) you're one rich mofo and 2) you move on to another game.
Edited by Nemuraan on 10/7/2011 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
You guys realize that it will take months to get the RMAH full of items right?

The people playing the game actualy has to FIND that item and put it up on the RMAH and I doubt people will sell their fisrt legendaries.

yeah it will be months before someone can grind to 60 and buy a full set of top end inferno gear..unless they are willing to put out a major amount of cash. if top end piece run from 30-50 dollars .. i mean that is major cash to fully gear up a hero.. then again even at 10-20 which i believe will be average ..that is still a good chunk of money.

people will buy pieces but they will probably not be able to buy the bets at once ..and will still have to play the game ..
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
yeah it will be months before someone can grind to 60 and buy a full set of top end inferno gear..unless they are willing to put out a major amount of cash. if top end piece run from 30-50 dollars .. i mean that is major cash to fully gear up a hero.. then again even at 10-20 which i believe will be average ..that is still a good chunk of money.

people will buy pieces but they will probably not be able to buy the bets at once ..and will still have to play the game ..

Not to mention the fact that the very first piece or two of "godly" gear will be posted for upwards of 500 bucks easily. I know for sure that if I get an extremely good piece early on, I'll try and make as much as I can out of it. No way I'm going to be posting a brand new item that NO ONE has for less than that. You may say "no one will buy it", and I tell you, you'd be surprised.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
10/07/2011 07:36 PMPosted by Nemuraan
So I guess the answer really is, if you buy everything and reach that point of 100% perfect items on every character, 1) you're one rich mofo and 2) you move on to another game.

there is a good segment of people out there in f2p.. who will pay a good chunk of money as they are leveling and getting stronger..i mean too the toon of 100$ a week or more . then when the game slows down and gets dull they jump to another game ..i know i have a 3-4 month window for most games..

edit.. not argueing ..kinda agreeing :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
10/07/2011 07:39 PMPosted by Nemuraan
Not to mention the fact that the very first piece or two of "godly" gear will be posted for upwards of 500 bucks easily. I know for sure that if I get an extremely good piece early on, I'll try and make as much as I can out of it. No way I'm going to be posting a brand new item that NO ONE has for less than that. You may say "no one will buy it", and I tell you, you'd be surprised.

in Aug i was playing Atlantica online ..and over the course of that month..i spent about 135 dollars .. of which i used to get three of the best mercs in the game..a rocket pack a mount and a few other things .and several 30 day buffs . but if i break the cost down for an hour of play it is well under 1 dollar ..but i hit the september blues and the guild i helped build fell apart cause half the people stopped playing

people don't spend money not to play they spend it to play better ..

actually what happened was the hurricane that came through here knocked the cable out ..but thankfully left us with power for a week.. and i think i spent 60 in that time going out and buying a fiction book to read every day.
Edited by Toyodah on 10/7/2011 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
10/07/2011 07:49 PMPosted by Toyodah

in Aug i was playing Atlantica online ..and over the course of that month..i spent about 135 dollars .. of which i used to get three of the best mercs in the game..a rocket pack a mount and a few other things .and several 30 day buffs . but if i break the cost down for an hour of play it is well under 1 dollar ..but i hit the september blues and the guild i helped build fell apart cause half the people stopped playing

people don't spend money not to play they spend it to play better ..

actually what happened was the hurricane that came through here knocked the cable out ..but thankfully left us with power for a week.. and i think i spent 60 in that time going out and buying a fiction book to read every day.

What're you talking about? What is Atlantica.
Reply Quote
with all the random properties on items i would say it is pretty DAM HARD to get the best possible stats combo for your build, its hard even for the chinese, so yeah, we wont be seeing lots of them on rmah.
rmah will most definitely filled with gems and runes, and some common unqiues without much of random properties.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
What're you talking about? What is Atlantica.

its a game duh .. just throwin out an example .. there are people who spend hundred of dollars a week playing some games ..
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/3/2012 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
Pee
Vee
Pee
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]