Diablo® III

What would make you happy?

I had this conversation not too long ago with my girlfriend following a harsh, long day at work. In the spirit to cheer me up she asked me (this isn't actual quoting as the conversation was in french...):

GF: Hey hun, what would make you happy?
ME: Right now? Well I could sure use an invite to the D3 beta...
GF: Ok but... would you like me to cook dinner? We could go eat out or something... what do you think?
ME: What about you take the next plane to California, get some vacation time and while you're there you could seduce any Blizzard employee. Once you have got his or her confidence you bargain yourself a F&F invite to D3!
GF: What if I madly fall in love with that person and decide to stay there?
ME: Well would you still get the invite for me?
GF: I guess so...
ME: Then you know what to do...

At this point she kinda stormed out, as if her sense of humour had vanished. In any case I just thought this was kind of funny considering she wanted to make me happy and ended up just making a case out of a joke.

A warning to all of you guys; do not mix your D3 needs with your love affairs.

Cheers and good luck to all of you to get an invite before the weekend (long weekend for us canadians)!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Better yet get her to seduce a blizz employee women have a better chance.
Reply Quote
she's probably gonna leave you

then youre gonna be a lonely miserable kid and still have no beta key
Reply Quote
10/07/2011 08:52 AMPosted by Fromanchue
Better yet get her to seduce a blizz employee women have a better chance.

Read the entire OP again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This kids is how you roll a critical failure on dealing with women.
*shakes head*
Reply Quote
10/07/2011 08:45 AMPosted by braveN
In any case I just thought this was kind of funny considering she wanted to make me happy and ended up just making a case out of a joke.

You read it wrong. You really thought telling your girlfriend to sleep with another guy in order to get you a beta key for a video game would go over well?

By her asking you what would make you happy, she's looking for you to say something in regards to "her", not "a video game".

You'll figure it out when you grow up.
Edited by Skyfire on 10/7/2011 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Fail. Are you 12 years old? Your answer to "what would make you happy" is Diablo!? I'm anxious for D3, too, but if my girlfriend is looking for ways to make me happy, there are a few new moves I've been wanting to try out.
Reply Quote
This kids is how you roll a critical failure on dealing with women.
*shakes head*

This! And it's why so many "computer geeks/nerds" get a bad rap. We're not all like this... I know I'm definitely not like this.
Reply Quote
People take posts like this too seriously... stop judging.

Personally I thought this was a funny post :)

I say stuff to my fiance like that too, but she knows I'm kidding. we actually worked out a deal: she'll play D3 with me when it comes out if I shut my mouth about it in the meantime.
Edited by Orkasm on 10/7/2011 9:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Fail. Are you 12 years old? Your answer to "what would make you happy" is Diablo!? I'm anxious for D3, too, but if my girlfriend is looking for ways to make me happy, there are a few new moves I've been wanting to try out.
Double fail. There's a lot more to happiness than a physical relationship.
Reply Quote
I should have known it was gonna be taken seriously and not as a joke...
I'm glad you guys are concerned about my relationship status and thanks for all the great advices, but i'm sure i'll be fine! :)

dOOm
she's probably gonna leave you

then youre gonna be a lonely miserable kid and still have no beta key

If you don't enjoy that kind of humour I understand and accept it, but i'm sure I can live without negative comments such as yours! Keep your confidence up, buddy!
Reply Quote
what are you guys talking about?

this is hilarious. your gf just needs to lighten up. or you were too serious (cant tell tone of voice in chat, obviously).

either way, im gonna try this with my wife lol.

Thanks for getting it! :) I should note that my girlfriend has a very good sense of humour and I only put the ending in a dramatic fashion to add a certain kick to the joke...

In any case it's fine. People will always be judgemental and considering none of the negative feedback applies to me it's not like it really matters. Just trying to raise a few smiles!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sure, you are laughing now, but in a few years when your having an argument and she pulls out "You never did like me, you even wanted me to sell myself for a Diablo three key once!" will you still be laughing? Hmmm?

;)
Reply Quote
if that was a joke don't do open mic nights my dude. stick to programing or something :O

Reply Quote
10/07/2011 09:48 AMPosted by dOOm
if that was a joke don't do open mic nights my dude. stick to programing or something :O

Yeah... I'm definitely not Seinfeld :\
Reply Quote

Double fail. There's a lot more to happiness than a physical relationship.

Triple fail? (not on you Giraffasaur but on the failure you quoted)
1. You should be with a girlfriend that gets your humour and appreciates it, like Orkasm was mentioning.

2. If you need the opportunity of your gf asking "What would make you happy?" To try out any new moves or anything along those lines, then you fail hard. Man up, grow a pair and just bring it up/do it when you want to do it. Don't explore the physical aspects of the relationship one step at a time if it's based on how many times per month you're "bummed out" and looking for pity.

Just some responses in this thread reek of Pu$$y whippings.
Reply Quote
10/07/2011 10:18 AMPosted by Mebryn
Just some responses in this thread reek of Pu$$y whippings.

thats a phrase i used when i was 13 too homie

youre immature :P
Reply Quote
OP that sounds like something Tim the Toolman Taylor would say if he was a gamer, you just upgraded to [Mancard+1]
Reply Quote
All Blizzard staff are incredibly good looking and charismatic, and as such they are all married or spoken for already unfortunately.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]