Diablo® III

Cheap Deaths

So I've recently loaded D2 again, out of nostalgia. This is a concern mostly directed at HC play, but I guess softcore can get annoyed by this too.

In D2, when you know a bare minimum, you really should not die, especially with the help of alt F4.

Now, when you do actually die, it's because some lame monster with a cheap instagib mechanic, well, instagibbed you.

I'm wondering what is the stance of blizz on this, being a HC player and all. Honestly, losing a character cause you just casted your spell at the wrong moment on a monster (or monsters) who just so happen to blow up on death for a bazillion damage just feels cheap and stupid.

Now losing your character after an intense fight with a siege breaker who ends up biting your torso off and throwing the remains at the other players...well, you still feel bad, but at least you put up a fight.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
FoE
They said theyve removed the cheap deaths from D2. Its tied to the potions now being on cd.

Im assuming the specific example you gave are the little skeleton fetishes in act 3 that blow up on death? I hate those little bastards.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
most people who stream and a lot of players get nailled by the arcane enchanted mobs.. that drop several hydras tha shoot really fast and can kill you in seconds ..

will there be a lot of these ? don't know but the fact they show up in the first 5 levels of play . that is supposed to be real easy ..

i personally will be surprised if people finish inferno mode on hardcore.. i really don't want the game to be easy enough that 100k people can finish all four modes without dieing one .. but its one of my agendas :P
Reply Quote
most people who stream and a lot of players get nailled by the arcane enchanted mobs.. that drop several hydras tha shoot really fast and can kill you in seconds ..

will there be a lot of these ? don't know but the fact they show up in the first 5 levels of play . that is supposed to be real easy ..

i personally will be surprised if people finish inferno mode on hardcore.. i really don't want the game to be easy enough that 100k people can finish all four modes without dieing one .. but its one of my agendas :P

To be fair usually people only die to the hydras the first time they see them. From what ive seen, it seems like if you pick the units off one at a time and avoid the fast firing hydras, the fight is a lot simpler. Its just people that run in and try to kill everything that get instagibbed, but people dying for playing the game fundamentally wrong isnt all that large of a problem
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]