Diablo® III

never ending dungeon?

I remember seeing online a few months ago someone talking about a neverending dungeon to kinda break the monotony of mf runs, diablo, baal... just wondering if anyone heard any confirmation or denial of this.
Reply Quote
Wait. A never-ending dungeon . . . to break monotony? How do you think never-ending dungeons are generated, son?
Reply Quote
No , Blizz did not confirm or infirm the neverending dungeon.

In my opinion it should have a specific purpose. not just be a"neverending dungeon"
It could be quest related, EndGame special content (like the Ubers), Achievement related or Competitive (a ladder to see those who went the deepest in a limited time)

dicuss
Reply Quote
Its a great idea, but I think it should be a separate mode, like instead of campaign you chose whatever it would be called ex: "Survival"

This could be a really beneficial addition to the game in my opinion, seeing as it could provide an environment in which players can continue to push themselves to their limits ever after they've defeated the game on every difficulty.

Imagine you're a well-geared character that has just killed diablo on inferno mode, sure you can do it again to farm for gear, enjoy randomized dungeons, quests, and events, but perhaps after your triumph you can decide to push yourself even further by entering a dungeon that will just keep getting more difficult.

I honestly don't know how this would effect game balance, and I trust blizzard to decide wither or not it would be doable.
Reply Quote

In my opinion it should have a specific purpose. not just be a"neverending dungeon"
It could be quest related, EndGame special content (like the Ubers), Achievement related or Competitive (a ladder to see those who went the deepest in a limited time)

dicuss

this. it should be linked to a random quest so it doesn't appear in every game and rare so that it doesn't become an abused farming zone.
Reply Quote
How would it be abused as a farming zone? Wouldn't it be the same as replaying the game? and if some get it but others don't wouldn't that mean others have an unfair advantage? I kind of like the idea of it, as long as each level is randomized like the game itself and different for everyone.
Reply Quote
I remember reading somewhere about a level they were making that there wasn't any way to beat . It was a see how many waves you can survive through before you die, because you WILL die.
Reply Quote
10/19/2011 11:02 AMPosted by Evilswine
How would it be abused as a farming zone? Wouldn't it be the same as replaying the game? and if some get it but others don't wouldn't that mean others have an unfair advantage? I kind of like the idea of it, as long as each level is randomized like the game itself and different for everyone.

If it is always accessible then it will become the only place people farm. It will be the best place to farm unless the rewards do not scale with difficulty in this dungeon which defeats the point and still may not prevent them from farming the one spot (Blizzard has said they want to avoid players farming specific areas in Inferno).

And the random chance of the quest is just as fair as any other chance at a quest or randomly drop. So long as you only get one chance at it each time (die in the dungeon and you're locked out) the rarity prevents it from giving any overpowering advantage.
Reply Quote
Make a dungeon where all the angels are fighting all the prime and lesser evils, you get to choose a side, and fight along with the match. that could be fun.
Reply Quote
10/21/2011 02:11 PMPosted by Rubexcube
Make a dungeon where all the angels are fighting all the prime and lesser evils, you get to choose a side, and fight along with the match. that could be fun.

choose side? nah...slay them all.
Reply Quote
22 Night Elf Warrior

dicuss

love it!
Reply Quote
no, go play torchlight then. i liked that game sorta but got quickly bored with that aspect of it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Been waiting for someone to start this thread.

I have always loved survival mode games and tower defense sorta games. It's just something about them that always grabbed my attention and kept it. This could be a great new aspect to D3.

I know a lot of people are upset that there is no kind of ranking. Well this could be create an entirely new ranking. Could sort of be like Halo, Gears of War, or COD never ending battles. Except that this could give rewards.

Honestly, people want to farm!!! this would be the perfect outlet for those without a life (ME!!!). So why put a cap on the amount of loot you can gather and the quality of gear. No one is limited in where they can go in this type of game, but since it is all random it can't really be abused. One person could go down 3 levels and find a ridiculously good sword. The next person could go down 20 and find rubish. It's all in the luck of the draw. But there should be a benefit for getting further. Come on blizzard, I know you can figure it out. And this would be AWESOME!!!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Well you could instead of giving the dungeon any floors, have it where it spawns a randomly generated floor, tileset, and enemies. When you get to the next "floor" all it really does is re-generate a new floor, tileset, and enemies. No bosses in it but there are the normal champion and random uniques that have a chance of spawning. Basically once you clear the floor and go to the next, the previous floor is wiped completely as it was re-generated.

This would provide a "never-ending" dungeon that uses all of the tilesets and monsters randomly.
Reply Quote
I prefer the idea of an never-ending dungeon in which you WILL die as opposed to a never-ending farming dungeon.
Reply Quote
This would be epic
Reply Quote
Torchlight has this and i can assure you it's not as fun as it sounds. Becomes pretty dull pretty fast.
Reply Quote
88 Orc Death Knight
I really like the idea of a sort of 'Cave of Ancients' similiar to in Lufia games revampted for Diablo III.

For those that don't know, the cave of Ancients was a 99 floor dungeon where, once you entered, your character reverted back to level 1. Also, all of your normal items found outside the dungeon would no longer be in your inventory. The benefit was that you would find special 'blue chests' which would have very powerful items, which you could take with you when you left the cave, and *also* take with you when you entered again.

You also couldn't leave this dungeon until after you had found a special item that would let you teleport out, providence if I remember right.

Some of the most powerful items in the game were found this way, and I can say from experience it was an incredibly addictive and fun dungeon.
Reply Quote
im still a little confused how a never ending dungeon would break monotony? ur literally running a dungeon with no end, no bosses, just regular monsters, maybe bigger badder monsters as it went on but still...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]