Diablo® III

Diablo III Beta Key Sweepstakes FAQ

Community Manager
To help clear up some concerns regarding the recently-announced Diablo III Beta Key Sweepstakes, we've put together a quick FAQ featuring the most common questions that we've seen from the community.

Q. Why did you replace the opt-in with a sweepstakes on Facebook?
A. The Diablo III Beta Key opt-in has not been replaced. The sweepstakes is simply an additional way for us to randomly give out keys to our Facebook followers. We'll still be sending out beta invites to players who have opted-in, as normal.

Q. Why Facebook?
A. When we release important news and announcements about Diablo III, Facebook is among the ways we get the message out. Since a significant portion of our players have Facebook accounts, we'd like to encourage them to follow us so that they can stay up-to-date on the latest Diablo news and events.

If you already follow us on Facebook, but seem to miss our posts, be sure to mark any updates from us that you like as a "Top Story." This will increase the chance that Diablo-related posts will appear in your Facebook feed. Every news item and story that goes out on our site we also send out on Facebook, so it's a great way to keep up on Diablo goings-on.

Q. Why is my country unable to participate in the sweepstakes?
A. Unfortunately, some countries have laws or restrictions which prevent us from making contests available to their residents. The beta opt-in is still running, however, and does not have the same rules and limitations. If you're unable to participate in the Facebook sweepstakes we encourage you to sign up for the opt-in through Battle.net Account Management: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3435025

Q. Do I need a Facebook account to enter this promotion?
A. No. While entering with a Facebook account will provide you with some additional benefits, such as sharing if you've won with your friends, you don't need an account to participate. If you'd like to enter, but don’t have a Facebook account (and don't want one), you can click on the "Alternate Method of Entry" link at the bottom of the official rules page: https://apps.facebook.com/diabloiiibetasweeps/contests/159910/rules

Q. The contest states that Facebook will not be given my personal information. What do you guys need it for?
A. If you're selected as a random winner, we'll need your name and email address to ensure that you receive your beta key. We will not use this information for any other purpose.

As for Facebook application itself, while it will request access to your Friends List, it will not generate any unwanted notifications, messages, or wall posts. The request will simply allow the application to show you your friends list in case you want to let them know about the sweepstakes.

For additional information, please feel free to check out our privacy policy: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/privacy.html

Q. When exactly will the weekly drawings be held?
A. Drawings will be held every Monday, starting October 17th. We'll gather up all of the entries submitted before 11:59 p.m. each Monday and then randomly select 200 qualified winners from that pool to receive a beta key. Out of those 200 winners, 50 of them will receive two keys, sent to the email provided in the entry form. Winners will be removed from the entry pool and the process will repeat again the following Monday for 8 weeks.

Please note that if you are randomly selected as a winner, it may take a few days before you are notified and receive your beta key via email. In the meantime, we ask that players please refrain from posting on Facebook or the official forums about whether or not they've been selected.

Official sweepstakes page: https://www.facebook.com/Diablo?sk=app_6009294086
Edited by Lylirra on 10/12/2011 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Maybe now people will stop freaking out so much - although I highly doubt it thanks for the information Lylirra!

Good Luck in the sweepstakes everyone!
Edited by StarStorm on 10/12/2011 5:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't get why 200 winners, only 50 receive keys? What do the other 150 get? Congrats, you were this close, but not close enough?

Or do 150 winners get one key, and 50 winners get two?
Edited by Ryan on 10/12/2011 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I think a good way to balance for everyone would be to randomly select people from zones who couldnt participate and allow them to have a beta key.

So you do 200 from your sweepstakes and another 200 from countries would cant join but receive invite through the normal op-in process.
Reply Quote
I don't get why 200 winners, only 50 receive keys? What do the other 150 get? Congrats, you were this close, but not close enough?

Out of 200 Winners 50 will get 2 keys. The other 150 get 1 key.
Reply Quote
4 Undead Rogue
you have misread...

thats better
Edited by Durant on 10/12/2011 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/12/2011 04:55 PMPosted by Ryan
Or do 150 winners get one key, and 50 winners get two?

This. :)

I'll add a bit more clarity in the post, but it's pretty plainly stated in our official announcement (which also appears on the Facebook sweepstakes page) and sweepstakes rules that all 200 winners will receive a beta key. It's just that every fourth winner will also receive a second key to share with a friend.
Reply Quote
Why do we need this when you can just allow more to come through from the Opt-In???? Do you really need to have this contest? Just saying......
Reply Quote
Well they did say they were going to do promotions/giveaways along with opt-ins.

Will there be any other ways to get into the beta besides the opt-in?
We’ll very likely be providing beta entry giveaways through various promotions on our sites, as well as through our official fansites. We’ll have information available on these promotions as they approach.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/3435025#blog

It's for marketing/advertising and whatnot.
Edited by StarStorm on 10/12/2011 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Do you have to put the email as the one you have signed up for battle.net?
Reply Quote
No, the email you provide is only to email you the beta code if you are selected as a winner.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I hope I get the beta key and put it to good use.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Entered!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
LOVE IT! Thanks Blizzard!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
No <3 for Australia
Reply Quote
89 Orc Warrior
It's more like Australia has no <3 for Blizz cus they wont allow them to let you enter the contest. Stop blaming Blizzard for your country's laws.
Reply Quote
To help clear up some concerns regarding the recently-announced Diablo III Beta Key Sweepstakes, we've put together a quick FAQ featuring the most common questions that we've seen from the community.

Q. Do I need a Facebook account to enter this promotion?
A. No. While entering with a Facebook account will provide you with some additional benefits, such as sharing if you've won with your friends, you don't need an account to participate. If you'd like to enter, but don’t have a Facebook account (and don't want one), you can click on the "Alternate Method of Entry" link at the bottom of the official rules page: https://apps.facebook.com/diabloiiibetasweeps/contests/159910/rules

I greatly appreciated that you did include an Alternative Method of Entry, and I pointed many folks to it.

But, I wish you would have made it more blatant, as putting it at the very bottom of the rules page was not a place many people visit. I think the Alternative Method should have been more "Front and Center", or at least right along side the FB entry.

Although I'm one of the many who don't ever desire to sign up for FB, I say this because there were many, many, many... a Ton of people that were posting reactionary posts "WHY FB?"... and if you would have put the Alternative Method 'in plain sight' there wouldn't have been a single post.

Again, I really appreciate the Alternative Method of Entry! (tha's wha she sed)
Reply Quote
So ya can i get a Beta Key? Lmao..
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
So I accidentally entered my birth year wrong (No, I wasn't born in 2010) and now it says I'm not eligible and I can't fix it. I've tried clearing browsing data to no avail. Any help?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]