Diablo® III

Best Gaming PC

As the topic states, I'm looking for a new PC. I have a macbook, but as we all know its not the best for gaming... So i would like some help finding a gnarly gaming PC, mac or windows.

Any suggestions of makers or if you have links to builds?

Under $3K

Looking for a desktop. no monitor, mouse or keyboard. just the "tower".
Edited by Cevolani on 10/6/2011 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Is there any sort of price range your working with?
Reply Quote
under $3k
Reply Quote
Do you want desktop or laptop? If you go with desktop I recommend building your own.
Edited by Toolfan on 10/6/2011 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Everything including OS, monitor, mouse, keyboard? Or you got the basic stuff?

Chassis Model: Cooler Master 942 HAF X
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K 3.40GHz
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (Intel P67 Chipset) (New & Improved B3 Revision Without SATA 3G Issue)
System Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Digital Storm Certified Performance Series
Power Supply: 1050W Corsair Pro Silver 1050HX (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible)
Hard Drive Set 1: (120GB Solid State Intel 320 Series)
Hard Drive Set 2: 1x (1TB Western Digital Caviar (7200 RPM) (64MB Cache) (Model: Black Edition)
Optical Drive 1: LG Blu-Ray (Burn and Play Blu-Ray Discs)
Video Card(s): Nvidia GTX 590 Classified (EVGA version)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit Edition)

That should cost quite a bit under 3000 and be a killer computer
Edited by Izoll on 10/6/2011 12:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just check requirement and its still unavailable. Must be nice to be able to buy a new laptop for D3. I'm jelly.
Reply Quote
For desktop, go to newegg.com and buy the parts to build your own. I would go ATI/AMD to save money.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/06/2011 01:01 PMPosted by Sabacca
For desktop, go to newegg.com and buy the parts to build your own. I would go ATI/AMD to save money.

He is willing to spend almost 3000 dollars, it sounds like he is looking for performance more than bargains.
Reply Quote
thanks for new egg.com, its been a long long time since I've built a PC.. but ill start putting a list of parts together
Reply Quote
10/06/2011 01:04 PMPosted by Izoll

He is willing to spend almost 3000 dollars, it sounds like he is looking for performance more than bargains.

yes, performance is the key!
Reply Quote
lol under 3k.. if I were you i would spend 1000 and save the rest my dude..

1000 dollar rig nowadays will last you FOREVER omg maybe up the budget to 1300 if you want a video card that you wont have to replace for two-three years
Reply Quote
Dude. AMD/ATI is good. I guess if you are spending your grandpa's money, sure go Intel/Nvidia.
Reply Quote
10/06/2011 01:11 PMPosted by Sabacca
Dude. AMD/ATI is good. I guess if you are spending your grandpa's money, sure go Intel/Nvidia.

I havent tapped into my Grand mother's money yet, but that's a good idea...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Hahaha, hey granny gimmie money so I cna build a beast gaming rig. Yeah ati/amd is good I am not saying they suck, but if you want best performance for now intel/nvidia is the way to go. You never know bulldozer might surpass intel and ati/amd next card may surpass nvidia.
Edited by Izoll on 10/6/2011 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
you dont have to go amd/ati or intel/nvidia ( common misconception that they should be paired)

i prefer AMD processors due to the fact that you cant beat the performance for the price

and i love nvidia graphics cards because i like the results i get
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah you don't have to pair them but generally when one goes intel/nvidia they have more money to blow and they are the more expensive pair and performance best atm while the people who go ati/amd are generally people who are on a tighter budget who are trying to get best bang for their buck.

It is all preference though I spose
Edited by Izoll on 10/6/2011 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Dude... look what just happened. Blizz must like AMD/ATI, cause I just got the beta!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]