Diablo® III

Best Gaming PC

85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/06/2011 03:06 PMPosted by dOOm
I know there are bound to be faster versions, ASUS Mars etc, but they will have more robust power management, and require 500 watts or more, there is plenty of OC room (if they aren't 580 cores that failed full clockspeed test to keep cost down), but more than 450 watts on a single card requires an insane power draw through several power connectors, space age cooling, enormous size etc. The Mars cards are all 3 slot cards due to high cooling demand.

better to just wait for next years chipset in my opinion

Every year new hardware of some sort will be coming out, if you always wait for newest hardware you will never have a computer to build.
Reply Quote
Check out anandtech.com. They usually have up to date builds for all price ranges. Then head over to newegg for purchasing.
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/3/2012 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
10/06/2011 03:27 PMPosted by Izoll

better to just wait for next years chipset in my opinion

Every year new hardware of some sort will be coming out, if you always wait for newest hardware you will never have a computer to build.

this is true, very true.
Reply Quote
Head over to the appropriate forum on tomshardware and ask that question. Be sure to use the template they have for requesting help in creating a build.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-31-202.html
Reply Quote
How about the Alienware M18x? :)***
Reply Quote
10/07/2011 11:04 AMPosted by badtzmaru
Alienware

No.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/The_FalconO6/CurrentLogicalPCBuyingGuide/Guide.png
Reply Quote
10/07/2011 11:13 AMPosted by tpavur
Mac pro

The best gaming performance comes from a PC. Even the absolute best hardware that exists for Macs is ridiculously sub-par compared to a PC.
Edited by Tamer on 10/7/2011 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There is a computer on ebay I found that apparently have been tested with Diablo 3 beta. The item number is 220869754406 (just type that into the ebay search bar). They seem to have a few others on their website for decent prices. Obviously the standard ones they list aren't the best but they gave me a quote for a really good one using an Intel i7 and a 6950 2GB Video card. It seems to be the best price quote I could find anywhere else.

Im really considering going with the quote they gave me but still looking around.

I would build my own machine but im a noob and want warranties lol.
Reply Quote
There is a computer on ebay I found that apparently have been tested with Diablo 3 beta. The item number is 220869754406 (just type that into the ebay search bar). They seem to have a few others on their website for decent prices. Obviously the standard ones they list aren't the best but they gave me a quote for a really good one using an Intel i7 and a 6950 2GB Video card. It seems to be the best price quote I could find anywhere else.

Im really considering going with the quote they gave me but still looking around.

I would build my own machine but im a noob and want warranties lol.

PC parts have warranties. They usually range from 1 year to life.

If you can put Legos together, you can put a computer together. There is no reason not to build your own unless you can't put Legos together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
Edited by Tamer on 10/7/2011 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You're probably right, but there just seems a lot more to it that always keeps me from actually doing it. All the compatibility issues, trying to diagnose problems that might arise, plus just the stress of hoping i'm doing it all right.

This is definitely something I should dedicate some time to learning. I used to have a good friend who did that stuff very well but hes married and doesn't have time for that anymore (wifes fault im sure).

In the meantime let me know what you guys think of the computers that florida store is selling. For a guy who can't build his own, and compared to other places, are they a good choice?

I prefer an Intel system and they gave me a quote for an identical system using an Intel Core i7 3.2 GHz and also a ATI 6950 2GB video card (instead of the 1GB) for $1400 and change.

Heres the link to their page with the diablo 3 computers:

http://floridascomputerstore.com/diablo-3-gaming-computers.html
Reply Quote
You're probably right, but there just seems a lot more to it that always keeps me from actually doing it. All the compatibility issues, trying to diagnose problems that might arise, plus just the stress of hoping i'm doing it all right.

This is definitely something I should dedicate some time to learning. I used to have a good friend who did that stuff very well but hes married and doesn't have time for that anymore (wifes fault im sure).

In the meantime let me know what you guys think of the computers that florida store is selling. For a guy who can't build his own, and compared to other places, are they a good choice?

I prefer an Intel system and they gave me a quote for an identical system using an Intel Core i7 3.2 GHz and also a ATI 6950 2GB video card (instead of the 1GB) for $1400 and change.

Heres the link to their page with the diablo 3 computers:

http://floridascomputerstore.com/diablo-3-gaming-computers.html

That processor is an old 1366 socket processor. (The only i7 on socket 1155 runs at 3.4Ghz). The 1366 socket is dead. It will never have another new processor made for it. It is due in November to be replaced by the 2011 socket.

Ask how much it would cost to get an Intel 2500k 3.3Ghz 1155 socket instead. You will get better performance and it will be cheaper (enough though it's labeled as "i5").

Something like that shouldn't cost more than $1,000
Edited by Tamer on 10/7/2011 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you for your help! I will definitely look into it!
Reply Quote
With Diablo, any computer that is better than decent will tie for 'top' gaming experience.
Reply Quote
10/07/2011 11:06 AMPosted by Tamer
Alienware

No.

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/The_FalconO6/CurrentLogicalPCBuyingGuide/Guide.png

Wow, nice info. that must have taken a while to put together.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]