Diablo® III

Hardcore PvP and Shiny Loot

There has been previous discussion about how you will die for good in hardcore PvP. I think that if you are the victor in the arena you should also be able to claim all of the recently deceased character's loot. Is this how the system will work? Should the items die with the character?

It seems like this would cause for some great motivation to participate in hardcore PvP.

What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
I think it wouldn't happen.

But I would love it. Especially at low levels.
Edited by Ham on 10/7/2011 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/07/2011 10:23 AMPosted by Jman
no one would risk their entire character and gear on a single match.

I would risk it, and my friends would too if it meant phat loot and the satisfaction of taking a character away from someone. And think of the rush of KNOWING one team was going to lose everything. Sounds insanely exciting.
Reply Quote
If I want phat loot, I'm going to earn it, not steal it from a player in an unbalanced arena.
Reply Quote
10/07/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Giraffasaur
If I want phat loot, I'm going to earn it, not steal it from a player in an unbalanced arena.

Isn't that earning it, though? It's not like certain players will go in not knowing they're at a disadvantage. I'd hardly call that stealing when the person knows what they're getting into.
Reply Quote
this game is not balanced for pvp. it is balanced for pve. so this will never happen with the rock, paper, scissors pvp style of D3.

/thread
Reply Quote
The problem is once one person wins in the arena against another level 60, he now can gear up above everyone else by selling the other person's stuff. Assuming he is skilled enough, he will never lose. Hardcore PvP will then die off. Imagine if in StarCraft II you lost and weren't able to build certain units because you lost. Broken game.
Reply Quote
It's something new and exciting.

Better remove it before it makes it to release.

You know there's a player for everything. And when you can stream 2 HC characters fighting to the death in front of thousands of viewers it's going to be worth it.

Are you not entertained?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]