Diablo® III

About Hex..

How fast can the Shaman cast its spell? From what I've seen from Force's videos, looks like it can cast about 3 times before it disappears.
Edited by Xcracker on 10/8/2011 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It casts pretty frequently, but the AI isn't very good. It always seems to cast it on the smallest threat.
Reply Quote
i think it just does it to the closest thing to it, ive seen it hex the uniques out of the group as well
Reply Quote
Well it should hex the targeted enemy or the biggest treat. Something to make this useful.

Right now, i like to have it always up but when it always cast the same unit and you are nuking other units, it doesn't seems very useful :(
Reply Quote
10/08/2011 11:29 AMPosted by Xcracker
How fast can the Shaman cast its spell? From what I've seen from Force's videos, looks like it can cast about 3 times before it disappears.
I'd have said twice, not 3 times.... but maybe...
Reply Quote
Can Bliz just give the players the flexibility to micro the shaman?
Reply Quote
10/09/2011 05:06 AMPosted by Wiz
Can Bliz just give the players the flexibility to micro the shaman?

Heh. Then my SC2 micro skillz can come into play. Though I haven't played in a while..

Well it should hex the targeted enemy or the biggest treat. Something to make this useful.

Right now, i like to have it always up but when it always cast the same unit and you are nuking other units, it doesn't seems very useful :(

Targeted enemy would be nice. Something like Shift + Mouse Click (the one you use to move)?

10/08/2011 07:26 PMPosted by Honor
i think it just does it to the closest thing to it, ive seen it hex the uniques out of the group as well

Eh. O.o

10/08/2011 12:01 PMPosted by Pun
It casts pretty frequently, but the AI isn't very good. It always seems to cast it on the smallest threat.

AI should definitely be improved xD
Reply Quote
guess you could kill the minions and summon him when its only the boss or champion left. not sure if its viable in the beta since everything dies in 1 hit but might be useful in later difficulties.
Reply Quote
I think blizz should fix hex so that it hexs a target unit. this is a useless ability otherwise.
Reply Quote
It was definitely way to situational during my use. Only really good for the Unburied, but using a skill slot for one unit is pretty lame since you are so limited to skill slots. Also, doesn't work on mini bosses (Jondar/Leoric) so that pretty much nullifies its usefulness.

If the AI was better and it targeted the biggest threat (caster/high damage dealer) it would be useful, but when it just hexes the nearest skeleton I don't see it getting any use.

Edit: Read my later post about the bug on why it didn't work on Jondar, it does normally.
Edited by Demonbane on 10/12/2011 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It was definitely way to situational during my use. Only really good for the Unburied, but using a skill slot for one unit is pretty lame since you are so limited to skill slots. Also, doesn't work on mini bosses (Jondar/Leoric) so that pretty much nullifies its usefulness.

If the AI was better and it targeted the biggest threat (caster/high damage dealer) it would be useful, but when it just hexes the nearest skeleton I don't see it getting any use.

just means u hafta drop him like a hunters trap
Reply Quote
10/11/2011 01:31 AMPosted by Honor
ust means u hafta drop him like a hunters trap

Ype but no cast time. You can do it when moving. Without runes, you can have it up at full time.

Duration of 8 seconds, CD of 8 seconds
Reply Quote
It looks mediocre for solo, but imagine a party of 4 Witch Doctors each using Hex with Alabaster runes. Almost all non-bosses would be chickens and would die very quickly.
Reply Quote
Hex actually does work on Jondar. There is a bug where if Hex is cast, creating the fetish shaman, before a target can be attacked then the fetish shaman will not hex it into a chicken. The only enemy that could not be hexed so far is Leoric.
Reply Quote
Blizz should combine big bad voodoo and this guy to make a permanent shaman summon with auras, like the spirits from D2. Just a crazy little shaman running around with different rune variations like more life while he's alive, faster attack, more damage, and aura that summons dogs when an affected enemy dies.
Reply Quote
04/21/2012 02:50 PMPosted by BoraxKid
Blizz should combine big bad voodoo and this guy to make a permanent shaman summon with auras, like the spirits from D2. Just a crazy little shaman running around with different rune variations like more life while he's alive, faster attack, more damage, and aura that summons dogs when an affected enemy dies.

While an awesome idea, its too awesome and then every witch Doctor will have it. Your bordering on the line with monk Mantras where their so good that its a shame when you don't use them.

Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor have a little more build variation where they don't have that type of slot like the other 3 classes do (Armors, Mantras and to a lesser extent War Cry)
Edited by Vaaz#1144 on 4/21/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Priest
best thing about hex is the heal if you want to support a group.
Reply Quote
The weird thing about the Shaman is that sometimes it seems to cast hex almost instantly after summoning, other times it mills around for a few seconds before doing anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]