Diablo® III

The Barbarian and Cain

100 Human Warrior
Ok so ive seen the conversation between Deckard Cain and the Barbarian character when you meet him in the cathedral and save him from the skeleton king and they dont seem to know each other. Isnt the barbarian character the same one from D2?
To be more specific, Cain says "Thank you, but why did you save me?"
its like "i dont even know you.. why would you save me?"
i know its the same conversation with all the other characters but i think that the one with the barbarian should be different. they have history, after all...
Reply Quote
From the dialogue we seen at Blizzard Worldwide Invitational '08 Paris verses the current one seen in Beta... Looks like Blizzard sadly that interesting storyline concept between Cain and the Barbarian male who survived the harrowing events of D2/LOD and the 20 years until D3's time been scrapped.
Reply Quote
45 Human Mage
Apparently someone complained about how it was sexist to have the male barbarian have a cooler storyline than the female barbarian.

And Blizzard Entertainment decided to listen to them for some reason.
Reply Quote
45 Human Mage
It's all a lot of stuff and nonsense in my opinion. That would have been an awesome dynamic, but they sacrificed it for a stupid reason.
Reply Quote
Well the 'Canon story' talk about how the group of Heroes that Saved Sanctuary in Diablo 2 turned completely nut after a while. They just could not keep their sanity after what they went through.
Edited by Jupet on 10/22/2011 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
45 Human Mage
The Barbarian was supposed to be the last one left, as I recall.

A sole survivor of horrific events and so on.
Reply Quote
45 Human Mage
I'm not sure you understand the point, Omghotcawk.

The point is that originally Blizzard intended to have the male Barbarian of D3 be the same Barbarian you could play in D2. But they scrapped this awesome idea for stupid reasons.
Reply Quote
I think he's referring to Barbarians left in their homeland after the Worldstone's destruction, but they didn't undergo the same horrific quest in averting the schemes of Hell/Prime Evils directly. Sure the greater poplcat would bear of other terrible scars from Baal's assault but no

Blizzard said we would encounter (mad?) members of the old gang from D2/LOD through our quest across Sanctuary. A D3 parallel to the fates D1 classes: the Rouge (Blood Raven) and the Mage (The Summoner). Gotta confirm it though.
Reply Quote
10/23/2011 05:50 PMPosted by Eroldren
Blizzard said we would encounter (mad?) members of the old gang from D2/LOD through our quest across Sanctuary. A D3 parallel to the fates D1 classes: the Rouge (Blood Raven) and the Mage (The Summoner). Gotta confirm it though.

The problem with that sir, is that in D1, there was only 1 hero. then that hero became the Dark Wanderer. D2 had a group of heroes that may/may not be insane (crazy) bosses or just NPC's. You can't parallel the D1 Rouge to Blood Raven and the D1 Mage to The Summoner because they never faced Diablo. Only one who faced Diablo was yourself which could have been the rouge, mage, or warrior, which then led to being the Dark Wanderer. As I see it though, the Barbarian was the only one of those heroes to survive the D2 story. (sorry if my ideas are repeating I'm a bit tired right now.)
Reply Quote
Apparently someone complained about how it was sexist to have the male barbarian have a cooler storyline than the female barbarian.

And Blizzard Entertainment decided to listen to them for some reason.

Oh, ok. Yeah that makes sense. Seems quite outlandish to deem it "sexist" though.

I agree. I think I support this idea. It would make a HUGE amount of sense, as the Barbarian will be able to explain the events 20 years ago better because he was there, and the other heroes, as a result, will better understand the implications of current events and how it effects them.
Reply Quote

The problem with that sir, is that in D1, there was only 1 hero. then that hero became the Dark Wanderer. D2 had a group of heroes that may/may not be insane (crazy) bosses or just NPC's. You can't parallel the D1 Rouge to Blood Raven and the D1 Mage to The Summoner because they never faced Diablo. Only one who faced Diablo was yourself which could have been the rouge, mage, or warrior, which then led to being the Dark Wanderer. As I see it though, the Barbarian was the only one of those heroes to survive the D2 story. (sorry if my ideas are repeating I'm a bit tired right now.)

Sorry dude, but thats incorrect. Blizzard has already confirmed that the Summoner and Blood Raven were in fact the Rogue and Sorcerer from D1. look it up on Wiki. And they have confirmed that you WILL come into contact with some, if not all of the heroes available in D2 in some way or another.
Edited by Leviathan on 11/14/2011 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
they said u will ran into d2's necro apprentice in act 2 i believed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]