Diablo® III

Keeping NM and hell items relevant end game

I like that some of the sub level 60 items have better stats that the level 60 items.
I also like that the stone of jordans have some of the highest plus percent damage for wizards and they are level 29.

This means that finding items under character level 60, having the stats your character is targeting will require the player to run lower level areas, to me. This contrasts always running the last act and quest of inferno. It was always interesting to rush characters and have sick magic find sets when playing the lower difficulties. I like that the dev team has put together some NM and hell items, but not all, that are still relevant in later difficulties.

With the item http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/scroll-of-superior-reforging, we could invest gold in attempting to reroll the random affixes. With this the lower level gear may beequal or better than higher tiered items, if you hit the jackpot. It is good.

All items statistics and levels are subject to change before release.
Reply Quote
10/24/2011 04:37 PMPosted by BehemothGHun
This contrasts always running the last act and quest of inferno.

I agree with your post, but what I just quoted won't be happening anyways, at least not to where players feel required to do so. All of Inferno difficulty, every act, will be approximately the same difficulty, with the same levels of drops throughout. So you can farm Inferno in any section that pleases you either aesthetically or tactically (i.e., you know you're good against ranged mobs, so you go to an area that you know has a lot of them).

In addition, bosses will not drop the best loot. The randomly spawned rare and champion monsters will, according to Jay Wilson during the Blizzcon segment about difficulty levels. So to get the best loot, you'll have to range far and wide, killing everything you come across, and hope that rares and champions get spawned somewhere in your path.
Reply Quote
10/24/2011 08:15 PMPosted by Xanthippus
All of Inferno difficulty, every act, will be approximately the same difficulty, with the same levels of drops throughout. So you can farm Inferno in any section that pleases you either aesthetically or tactically (i.e., you know you're good against ranged mobs, so you go to an area that you know has a lot of them).

That is not quite correct, and often gets mis-stated.

Jay Wilson:

The players maximum level in Diablo 3 is level 60, so the basic monsters that you face in Inferno are all at least level 61.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]