Diablo® III

What's the point of Inferno Bosses

Man, if I liked trolling this thread would be the place to do it... Angry people ftw
Reply Quote
Beating them makes you feel like a BAMF.
Reply Quote
1. Achievements
2. Knowing you can beat them
3. Progressing through Inferno.

0 replayability.

"Hey let's make the most badass boss encounters ever to have players play through them once okay maybe twice for the achievements and forget about them"

For you, maybe. Replayability for me and a large majority of the Diablo fanbase is item hunting, and I much prefer the more randomized loot system that allows to go all over the game again to find the best loot, and not just farm the end boss 10492098759834059823459720984986245907203457203984 times in a row.
Reply Quote
Bosses will probably still have a better chance to drop nicer items than a regular enemy, but champions and rares are set to have an even better chance.The goal, of course, is that with Inferno as a flat difficulty (all enemies are the same level) you should be able to go anywhere you like to get items, meaning not just rushing to bosses. To encourage that further, the randomized champions and rares that appear out in the world will have the best chance to drop good items, encouraging exploration and also feeding some of that *gasp!* feeling you get when you see one, and then another *gasp!* when items drop. Bosses tend to only have that second moment, and it's generally devalued over time due to the repetition.I think some could argue that they want to have very systematic ways to grind out item drops, and I think we would argue that the vast majority of people do not.

there are blue posts out there. you dont even need to search to find this stuff man its still on the first page

edit - heres the link below
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3430937673?page=3#new-post
Edited by Brandon on 10/27/2011 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

0 replayability.

"Hey let's make the most badass boss encounters ever to have players play through them once okay maybe twice for the achievements and forget about them"

For you, maybe. Replayability for me and a large majority of the Diablo fanbase is item hunting, and I much prefer the more randomized loot system that allows to go all over the game again to find the best loot, and not just farm the end boss 10492098759834059823459720984986245907203457203984 times in a row.

Read my OP.

I never said I wanted to farm end bosses in a row.

I said that I would prefer to have an incentive to actually kill the bosses as opposed to skip over them after completely farming out an Act.
Reply Quote
I thought it was funny that Blizzard's thesis from Blizzcon about Diablo 3 was: "Because you can". Surely they are smart enough to realize that just because there are 3 trillion skill builds they won't eliminate "best" specs or most efficient item runs and just like D2 nobody will team up. Why? Because it's uncharacteristic of people who like to min/max tethering themselves to another person.
Edited by Vary on 10/27/2011 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
With the way the waypoint system works, chances are if you clear to a boss you are going to run into a champ or two along the way. May as well kill the boss at the end of the clear because who knows what he might have been hoarding.
Reply Quote

A ton of assumptions in your first few points for someone who probably isnt even in the Beta let alone have tried the game at Inferno.

Pot.. meet Kettle.
Reply Quote

Read my OP.

I never said I wanted to farm end bosses in a row.

I said that I would prefer to have an incentive to actually kill the bosses as opposed to skip over them after completely farming out an Act.

I LOVE when people try to make the replay argument, farming bosses sucks, it sucked in D2 and it would suck if they made the same mistake in D3, Im glad they didnt, the point to killing bosses is to progress in the game/story/act that is how it should be and that is how it is, being able to find the best loot in the game in a more random aspect increases the replay factor 1000 fold, and it also ups your opportunity of getting the TOP tier best gear 100+ fold per game since in D2 in each game you had 4, Yea FOUR, mobs to kill that could drop the best gear, then you needed to make a new game, now you can make a game and spend hours farming the best gear without worrying about being kicked for making to many games in a row farming the same 4 mobs for hours on end.

0 replay factor my butt
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 08:24 PMPosted by chcknsnack
With the way the waypoint system works, chances are if you clear to a boss you are going to run into a champ or two along the way. May as well kill the boss at the end of the clear because who knows what he might have been hoarding.

Exactly this.

Bosses are still guaranteed to drop items for you. Several, in fact, from watching beta streams of Leoric kills. All Blizzard has done is put into practice the "viable, not optimal" mechanic that they wanted. Bosses will no longer have an overwhelming statistical advantage to drop better loot than the randomly generated rare and champion mobs, that's all.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3430937673?page=6

I agree completely, OP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]