Diablo® III

Will Blizzard partake in the RMAH?

80 Tauren Warrior
What's in place to prevent Blizzard employees/GM's/friends/family from participating in the RMAH ? Seems like they could drastically inflate or deflate the market in their favor as well as sell the most sought after items.
Reply Quote
Nothing.
Reply Quote
There would be nothing preventing, and there is nothing wrong with, them using the RMAH just like every other player.

You imply that they will give themselves items that they can just turn around and sell. You fire people from their jobs when they abuse their position like this.
Edited by Razoth on 10/26/2011 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
i heard they fired the guy whos friend leaked the beta client the first night of fnf beta..

i wonder what legal course they would take if an employee was cheating to make extra money on the rmah
Reply Quote
81 Goblin Mage
I imagine it will be very similar to WoW. When at work, their systems are heavily monitored, and all actions are tracked, once they are at home they are playing on normal accounts like every one else. There is no connection between what they can do or access at work, and what they can do and access from home.

No one is going to risk losing a good job to make a few extra dollars in the RMAH.
Reply Quote
I imagine it will be very similar to WoW. When at work, their systems are heavily monitored, and all actions are tracked, once they are at home they are playing on normal accounts like every one else. There is no connection between what they can do or access at work, and what they can do and access from home.

No one is going to risk losing a good job to make a few extra dollars in the RMAH.

Especially a job at Blizzard.
Reply Quote

they may not be able to directly affect anything from their normal accounts, but they can act on "insider" knowledge and potentially make a lot of money from it.

eg: a rare but crap item is getting buffed in a future patch, an employee knows this well in advance and buys a ton of them to resell on patch day.

this kind of thing happens all the time in wow (i dont mean specifically employees, but players in general).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]