Diablo® III

Wow /= D3

90 Orc Warrior
I wanted to start a thread about this i wanna put a list together but i need your help!

Being an avid d2 player and WoW player (yes you CAN play both) I wanted to start a list to lable the differences between the two games. I'm not trolling/flaming...

you can put on per post so ill start...

D3 = 4 dps no need for healer

WoW = holy trinity = 1 healer 3 dps 1 tank

GO!
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warlock
D3 = Fun
WoW = Lame

^

D3 = High customization
wow = totally cookie cutter from your build to what exact monster drops what exact items
Reply Quote
i guess they can both be kind of grindy if youre all about the items but at least the combat in diablo games is fun and cool
Reply Quote
WoW -> Requires "optimal" builds
D3 -> "Viable" builds are fine

I can solo in D3; not so in WoW.
I can do 2-man gaming sessions in D3, not so in WoW.

There will be massive variation in high-level items in D3; in WoW, everyone wants specific items for each slot for their class.

In WoW, crafting is done by the PC, and can take hours. In D3, crafting is quicker, easier, and is done by your dedicated NPCs.

WoW has mounts, D3 doesn't.

WoW has flight, D3 doesn't.

WoW has gnomes, D3 doesn't. LOL.
WoW has (will have) Panda characters, D3 never will.

For some people WoW is this huge social game where people hang out in one of the main cities and just chat; this will never happen in D3.

WoW has gathering skills; D3 does not.

In WoW, your character may feel cool, but it won't feel superheroish, like a D3 character can.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
10/27/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Volcanic
In WoW, crafting is done by the PC, and can take hours. In D3, crafting is quicker, easier, and is done by your dedicated NPCs.

?

Never seen a WoW craft take more than 15 seconds or so. You mean leveling a craft? Yeah, you do that in D3 too. Don't see the difference.

D3 = A fun game with far too many narrow-minded children complaining on the forums about things they aren't willing to research or try.

WoW = A fun game with far too many narrow-minded children complaining on the forums about things they aren't willing to research or try.

Huh, I guess they aren't that different after all.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/27/2011 04:25 PMPosted by Volcanic
WoW has (will have) Panda characters, D3 never will.

Never say never ><
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 03:45 PMPosted by Walkerofday
WoW = holy trinity = 1 healer 3 dps 1 tank

Your holy trinity has 5 people in it. Aside from that, though... well, it's still not accurate.

The current incarnation of it is a broad term that refers to the major class roles in an MMO: Tank, Healer, and DPS.

But the original "Holy Trinity" in WoW was a Warrior, Priest, and Rogue back in Vanilla because no other class combination was as effective. Thankfully, Blizzard made great strides in fixing that issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]