Diablo® III

Hardcore from the start!

- Diablo IncGamers
Jay has said: "yes, you will have to play through to a certain point to unlock hardcore mode, I think it’s through normal difficulty after you kill the end boss. I’m like 90% sure, so we could change our minds."

We're all capable minded people who will see the warning upon hardcore creation and know what we are getting in to. Forcing us to go to soft core delays us from playing the game we want to. It prevents us from starting the characters we intend to keep( hopefully) and building up our artisans and stashes.

Blizzard, give us the option right off the bat, we've waited a long time for this game. Let us jump into the game we want, not one we have to rush through to "earn".
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I kinda agree and disagree... I would like the requirement to at least try the bosses and such and not waste to much time with re-rolling....

could be a blessing in disguise.
Reply Quote
- Diablo IncGamers
I disagree with your logic, they said they could change their minds. Community input may be helpful.
Reply Quote
83 Gnome Death Knight
I think hardcore from teh start is interesting concept in terms of you don't know what you're getting yourself into.. for the people who want to feel the rush of hc at its purist.
Reply Quote
We're all capable minded people...

There will be one out of a thousand whom, for whatever reason, has no idea what they are doing, will be enjoying their game, and bam, dead, permanently, because they didn't pay attention at character creation. If even 10% of those people have the mentality to then go online and complain, send emails, etc. then it will be a big stinker, and trolls and haters will be everywhere. I personally would love to start my first character in hardcore mode but I doubt Blizzard will allow it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]