Diablo® III

Open Beta to All For Christmas

Definitely could use some beta. I'd play it 12 hours a day until the game is released. I'd play more, but i also have a full time job.

BETA FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Open beta for X-Mas? Yes please. :)
Reply Quote
10/29/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Amazonxx
I just bought an asus republic of gamers laptop with a 8 gigs of ram, nvidia 560m graphics card with 2 gigs of memory, a i7 processor that tops out at 3.0ghz per second. I WOULD KILL for a diablo 3 beta key!!!!!!!!

I will also have my new comp by then. I feel ya man, open beta, no coal, open beta, no coal.!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
i had my comp prepared 3 week ago =) can't wait
Reply Quote
Yayyy beta for christmas!! best present evar!! <3
+1 OP

*sips orphan tears*
Reply Quote
Honestly, I think this is a stupid idea.
Reply Quote
10/29/2011 05:53 PMPosted by Sixen
This would be utter chaos... and would also never happen.

Totally true but it would be nice
Reply Quote
Actually, it's a really good idea because everyone wins. The only people that may be against it would be those that are already in beta. Due to greed and selfishness, I can see why some of those people "the haves" do not want the "have nots" to experience the same joy. (And to gain experience and practice their classes before the game is released.)

Share the wealth. Share the joy of playing D3 Beta.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

granted, blizzards fanbase has grown since, still, WoW had an open beta, and it went down fairly well (for a beta).
-
let the loot lag begin!
Reply Quote
10/29/2011 05:53 PMPosted by Sixen

This. I don't know why people still beg for this, it's no different than asking that the name of the game be changed to Super Happy Adventure Funtime.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

This. I don't know why people still beg for this, it's no different than asking that the name of the game be changed to Super Happy Adventure Funtime.

game has a few thousand player total now .. it is supposed to have millions playing when release ..with so many wow fans getting it for free ..

they have had problems ramping up server load the last two months .. it will be a disaster if something goes wrong and they release the game and it can't handle millions of people.

it's a tech issue that cause the game to be delayed ..there is no evidence they have figured out the problem at this point..with the chronic low numer of beta invites.. what harm would it do to have the problems a month before release with a million people trying to play the beta/demo..than wait to see if millions of people who just spent 60 buck will be able to play the game.
Edited by Toyodah on 10/30/2011 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
Ah...I would much rather wait til release...
Edited by Ertrazzul on 12/28/2011 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
If it's ready... then sure.
Reply Quote
10/30/2011 09:36 AMPosted by Toyodah

game has a few thousand player total now .. it is supposed to have millions playing when release ..with so many wow fans getting it for free ..

they have had problems ramping up server load the last two months .. it will be a disaster if something goes wrong and they release the game and it can't handle millions of people.

it's a tech issue that cause the game to be delayed ..there is no evidence they have figured out the problem at this point..with the chronic low numer of beta invites.. what harm would it do to have the problems a month before release with a million people trying to play the beta/demo..than wait to see if millions of people who just spent 60 buck will be able to play the game.

Well obviously everything you said is true. With regards to what harm can it do, if you've played the beta at all you'd know. It's like an hour of content. It's not enough to "entice" people into buying it. I've played with friends and their response is "I'm not sure I wanna buy this now." Not because it's a bad game, but because it's like getting up to blood raven and that's it. I don't know about you, but if I could play up to Blood Raven and then that's it for D2, I wouldn't have been so keen to get it right away.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is it's a beta, not a demo. It's not designed to sell the game like they would want from an open beta.
Reply Quote
10/29/2011 03:06 PMPosted by Purevil
before Diablo III is released in January

Optimist.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/30/2011 10:27 AMPosted by collinc
I've played with friends and their response is "I'm not sure I wanna buy this now." Not because it's a bad game, but because it's like getting up to blood raven and that's it.

And those people are stupid for thinking they were gonna get the full experience in a beta test. It's not there for their enjoyment it's they to make the game better for release. I played in the D2 stress test waaaaay back when it was to only blood raven, and it made me want the game even more because I knew it was gonna get crazy.

TL:DR - People are stupid for judging the game from beta content.
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/4/2012 1:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]