Diablo® III

Open Beta to All For Christmas

It would be a nice gift. I consider Blizzard my family.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Well obviously everything you said is true. With regards to what harm can it do, if you've played the beta at all you'd know. It's like an hour of content. It's not enough to "entice" people into buying it. I've played with friends and their response is "I'm not sure I wanna buy this now." Not because it's a bad game, but because it's like getting up to blood raven and that's it. I don't know about you, but if I could play up to Blood Raven and then that's it for D2, I wouldn't have been so keen to get it right away.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is it's a beta, not a demo. It's not designed to sell the game like they would want from an open beta.

yes i understand it is not meant to sell the game ..but at this point it isn't about weather d3 will be a great game .. it will be weather those who buy it the first day will be able to play.. this is what angers most people about the slow pace of beta invites.. because they expect a test of server load.. to include more tha 40 people in public games.

at some point between now and release they have to get a lot more people on the servers.
Reply Quote
Well obviously everything you said is true. With regards to what harm can it do, if you've played the beta at all you'd know. It's like an hour of content. It's not enough to "entice" people into buying it. I've played with friends and their response is "I'm not sure I wanna buy this now." Not because it's a bad game, but because it's like getting up to blood raven and that's it. I don't know about you, but if I could play up to Blood Raven and then that's it for D2, I wouldn't have been so keen to get it right away.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is it's a beta, not a demo. It's not designed to sell the game like they would want from an open beta.

yes i understand it is not meant to sell the game ..but at this point it isn't about weather d3 will be a great game .. it will be weather those who buy it the first day will be able to play.. this is what angers most people about the slow pace of beta invites.. because they expect a test of server load.. to include more tha 40 people in public games.

at some point between now and release they have to get a lot more people on the servers.

When a company has a game like WoW, I don't think it's too hard for them to make the proper calculations when it comes to servers.
Reply Quote
Would be nice
Reply Quote
Open Beta to all fans of Diablo for Christmas. Give back to the fans who make this all possible. In return, we will do the ultimate stress test on the servers before Diablo III is released in January.

If you want to be in beta and help stress test the servers, then let Blizzard know by replying to this thread.

Sadly it would crash the server to go from the amount they have now to the millions that want to play beta. That's not a stress tests, that's a suicide for the computer that hosts the game.

Also if I remember correctly the beta isn't for testing if the server can handle alot of people. It is designed to see if it is stable undo working conditions. When the game goes live, I expect them to have a lot of running servers instead of just one beta server.
Edited by DragonFlyy on 12/21/2011 11:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's more of a curse, really. I used to be ready to wait as long as it took for D3 to come out. Now, though? I've played through the whole beta like, no joke, 15 times at least now over the week I've had a beta key. I'm in my own personal Groundhog Day.
Edited by Zagrylfalx on 12/21/2011 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah, this is not happening.
Reply Quote
This would be utter chaos... and would also never happen.

...And would also kick !@#!
Reply Quote
Would love to try an open beta. I haven't done a beta test in a long time. It would be fun to be apart of an open beta. You guys are doing a great job from what I've seen, can't wait to play!
Reply Quote
It would be really cool of blizz to let us all try out the beta for a bit during the holiday but I don't think it is going to happen. i doubt the servers can handle the massive flood of people that would cause. And honestly other than a stress test it wouldn't help out the beta process at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
this will never happen but i would love too lol
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
me plz
Reply Quote
/signed

Its time for a real stress test.
Reply Quote
View profile
Open Beta to all fans of Diablo for Christmas. Give back to the fans who make this all possible. In return, we will do the ultimate stress test on the servers before Diablo III is released in January.

If you want to be in beta and help stress test the servers, then let Blizzard know by replying to this thread.

So. You're saying you want no one to play it.

Because opening the flood gates means servers going down and being unusable. And you won't be able to play the beta. :(
Reply Quote
Beta is not about giving back. It is about testing and............... ok, ok, ok I'm in give us beta please.
Reply Quote
Yeah, that would be great if Blizzard actually did it and if it didn't crash the servers within 5 minutes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]