Diablo® III

Why no Diablo I on the Thumb Drive

I get that there were no CD keys for Diablo I, and somehow that creates a problem for the Diablo team / Blizzard. But... Why not have a copy of D1 on the soulstone drive? The fact that Warcraft I and II, and Diablo I are barely recognized anymore is kind of sad... Hell, I still play Diablo I from time to time, I even have a couple copies of the battle chest before you castrated it. The question: What gives?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I almost wonder if there isn't some issue with the now dead Blizzard North.
Reply Quote
I would love to see diablo 1 on the drive included in the ce but I doubt that will happen. Still ..............its a nice thought.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Because it takes no time at all to toss D1 on a thumb drive on your own time. Hell, you could fit it on a floppy disc, if you still have a computer that can use those.
Reply Quote
The question: What gives?

It's a classic... If you drive it around too much it could break... Those parts aren't easy to come by anymore. It could be lost forever.

Reply Quote
10/25/2011 09:46 AMPosted by Solo
This has been answered. Simple forum search thanks.

I just did a few searches.

Diablo 1 USB
Diablo 1 CE
Diablo thumb drive
Diablo soulstone USB

After 10 minutes of scouring links, resulting in plenty of redundant threads, deleted threads and generally dumb post, none of which had a blue post, I gave up.

If Blizzard wants to promote using Search to find answers, maybe they should make the Search function worth a damn instead of automatically adding boolean functions to the search and arbitrarily lumping them together. I got plenty of threads that were simply tagged with 1 of the words used.

So please enlighten me what 'simple search' without previous knowledge or keywords of the thread in question would have produced more accurate results.

"Thanks"
Edited by Skyfire on 10/25/2011 10:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/25/2011 10:51 AMPosted by Skyfire

I just did a few searches.

Diablo 1 USB
Diablo 1 CE
Diablo thumb drive
Diablo soulstone USB

After 10 minutes of scouring links, resulting in plenty of redundant threads, deleted threads and generally dumb post, none of which had a blue post, I gave up.

If Blizzard wants to promote using Search to find answers, maybe they should make the Search function worth a damn instead of automatically adding boolean functions to the search and arbitrarily lumping them together. I got plenty of threads that were simply tagged with 1 of the phrases I used.

So please enlighten me what 'simple search' without previous knowledge or keywords of the thread in question would have produced more accurate results.

"Thanks"

Got trolled bro. Everyone knows if someone says "use search" and doesn't answer your question, it means they couldn't find it either.
Reply Quote
10/25/2011 09:47 AMPosted by Vermithrax

I believe you're the closest to the mark.

Reply Quote
I think it has to due with compatibility issues with Windows 7 and D1

It's a very dated game.
Reply Quote
10/25/2011 09:46 AMPosted by Solo

"What gives?" does not yield any useful results, thanks though troll...
Reply Quote
Screw the flash drive... PUT IT ON BATTLENET TOGETHER WITH WACRAFT2 PLZ. I'll definitely buy both for 5-10bucks per even if I never play them. smilayrawr

I actually have d1 in my battlechest cd still. I play it for a few days every few years :P.
Reply Quote
10/25/2011 11:07 AMPosted by Sheppard

Except Diablo 2 is also Blizzard North. I'm leaning more to compatibility problems with current OSes.

10/25/2011 10:43 AMPosted by Notfurry
Because it takes no time at all to toss D1 on a thumb drive on your own time. Hell, you could fit it on a floppy disc, if you still have a computer that can use those.

No it still takes most of a single CD for the game. If you wanted floppy discs, it would take probably 30 or more.
Reply Quote
Diablo 1 is almost unplayable. Like 5 years ago I was like I should try D1 again to re live the memories. You walk so slow it's not enjoyable. Technology has changed too much you don't realize it.

I don't have the time to play a game where it takes an hour just to move around.
Reply Quote
Diablo 1 is almost unplayable. Like 5 years ago I was like I should try D1 again to re live the memories. You walk so slow it's not enjoyable. Technology has changed too much you don't realize it.

I don't have the time to play a game where it takes an hour just to move around.

Walking is a pain at first but you either get used to it and or you move faster with higher level o_O. Play the mage who can teleport and aoe kill stuffz. The other classes are a drag though due to slow movement and 1-mob attacks. Mages are overpowered in that game once you get rolling with a ton of mana and a mana shield =).
Reply Quote
Blizzard doesn't offer it on its online store as a digital download... Might be a clue. (Deja vu)
xD
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/25/2011 11:40 AMPosted by DragonFlyy

Except Diablo 2 is also Blizzard North. I'm leaning more to compatibility problems with current OSes.

D2 was Blizzard North after they became part of blizzard and presumably signed all sorts of agreements giving Blizzard full rights to things. It's possible there is something from that time before Blizzard acquired the studio that became Blizzard North that is causing problems.

Course wanting to reduce support calls could be another valid reason. Personally I'd like to see them just release it for free with no support like what Bethesda did with the early elder scrolls game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]