Diablo® III

Rune synergy

85 Draenei Shaman
At blizzcon the D3 panel brought up the rune system and how they are not happy with the synergy that formed with the runes & pasive skills, so they are going to go back and eliminate any synergy. I was VERY happy to hear this because if they left that kind of synergy in the game i would most deffinity pigeon holed people in to certian "buids". And we all know "builds" just snuff out any creativity that could have happend.

Thank you D3 development team for seeing this as a problem, and in my opinion it most deffinitly was. Can't wait to slay many demons in the soonish future! ;)
Reply Quote
It was really about too much synergy, they aren't going to eliminate all synergy. Some synergy between active skills, runestones, and passives is a good thing. The problem comes when a combination works too good together that it eliminates any choice for that type of build.

In their example with the Monk's dodge passives, it eliminated the choice of passives if you wanted to make a dodge build. You can still do the combination they showed, two of the passives are still in (only changed slightly) while one was moved to be a runestone effect for Mantra of Evasion. If you want to maximum dodge, it now leaves the choice of a passive open while still providing the same synergy.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Sorry, yes, i shouldn't have put ALL synergy.
Reply Quote
There going to modify some of the synergies after seeing them become too overpowered. Chances are if builds are being pigeon holed into one build they will nerf it.

But blizzard has made it clear that they are fully aware of the risks with synergy.
Edited by ACPRO on 10/26/2011 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]