Diablo® III

Stupid question but need answer?!

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So iv never played any diablo games before but i want to try them out. So my question are they all one game just 2 and 3 just addons or is 2 a whole new game from 1 and 3 will be different from the other two and you'll have to start over again?
Reply Quote
You poor soul. You missed out.

They're all their own seperate games.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
okay thank you =]
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
and would it be worth getting Diablo 2 or just waiting for 3
Reply Quote
without any nostalgia carrying you through, it would feel pretty dated... its more than 10 years old.
Reply Quote
You should try them all.

The gameplay is completely different, Blizzard changed a lot from D1 to D2 (and will change to D3), and both were revolutionary on Action RPG games.
Reply Quote
Its more than 10 years old, multiplayer probably isn't worth it anymore, and overall looks like a poor shadow for D3.
Reply Quote
I think Diablo 1 has aged a lot better than Diablo 2, to be honest. For whatever reason, the atmosphere of Diablo 1 is just amazing to me. It could be the nostalgia talking though. Your mileage may vary.

Diablo 2 has more engaging gameplay, though. It has its share of issues though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/26/2011 08:26 PMPosted by Snøøky
and would it be worth getting Diablo 2 or just waiting for 3

If you are willing to get them, I would recommend to get the D3 CE since you get D2+LOD free on a pretty sweet looking flash drive, but you would have to wait until is released. But you should try at least D2 to get a feeling of what the game is based upon.
Reply Quote
May be worth it to try D2 LOD for a bit if you got some extra cash to spend. It'll help you better understand the story a bit.

Since the ladder got reset, most people playing now are actually running through the maps instead of rushing like before.

Or you can just read the Diablo Lore on Wiki to get up to date on the story.

...or play hardcore on D2 LOD with me 8D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]