Diablo® III

Why no real money AH for us hardcore players?

1 Orc Shaman
As the title says, I'm just wondering the decision making and why there's no real money auction house for hardcore mode.

It will still be done by third-party "shady" non supported ways.. which is one of the main reasons you introduced the whole concept in the first place.

Either way I'll be selling items online, but would prefer to do it with blizzards support. It just does not add up with the reason for implementing it in the first place.. then not to in hardcore.

I'm very disappointed with this decision. =(

Thanks.
Reply Quote
They've already discussed that they didn't want players blowing money on a Hardcore character just to have it die. Will it encourage 3rd party sites? It might.

I don't like Hardcore. *Puts on flame resistance armor*
Reply Quote
Not sure if you're trolling or just not very smart... say you spend $200 on equipment for your character, now your hardcore character dies due to some random Bnet lag, now your $200 worth of gear is gone, blizzard obviously won't reimburse you... so can you go sue Blizzard?
Reply Quote
It's also not very Hardcore to outfit your character in all the best gear with real money instead of "earning" the gear. :P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So Hardcore players won't go out & buy a bunch of items with real money, get one shot & complain to Blizzard that they want their money back.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
*Lag/internet dc*
*die*

"WTF BLIZZARD, GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK :@ :@ :@"

There you go.

This.
Reply Quote
It will still be done by third-party "shady" non supported ways.. which is one of the main reasons you introduced the whole concept in the first place.

Either way I'll be selling items online, but would prefer to do it with blizzards support. It just does not add up with the reason for implementing it in the first place.. then not to in hardcore.

Btw, in case you hadn't heard, there are no plans to support someone being able to gather up your gear as they can in D2. So when you die on HC, you truly do lose everything item wise.

If there is a RM market for HC items, it will be a very poor market. My guess is the HC GAH will help define the value of gold.
Edited by DrakeFS on 10/26/2011 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
10/26/2011 10:02 PMPosted by Seriousface

Possibly, but I'm sure that Blizzard wishes to distance themselves from the liability and make, in essence, a statement about how much of a gamble it would be to dump real money into gearing a Hardcore character.

Some people will probably still use 3rd party sites to buy hardcore gear, but I'm thinking that majority of people who consider hardcore might see the RMAH in softcore, see Blizzard not providing the same service in hardcore, and take the hint.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman

Btw, in case you hadn't heard, there are no plans to support someone being able to gather up your gear as they can in D2. So when you die on HC, you truly do lose everything item wise.

If there is a RM market for HC items, it will be a very poor market. My guess is the HC GAH will help define the value of gold (since gold is account shared and buyable on the RMAH)

Oh right, I did forget about the no looting friends change. I can see the reasoning now, but just wish it was the same as normal mode. Just my opinion that it's the players risk that is buying it, and suck it up. ;p Liability does play a huge factor though.. ah well =)

I don't agree with that it would be a poor market, I think it would be a great market. It was in diablo II. Much better then softcore imo.
Edited by Seriousface on 10/26/2011 10:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
so, maybe they don't want a headache when you call them up !@#$%ing that you died and want your money back?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
10/26/2011 10:22 PMPosted by Seriousface
My guess is the HC GAH will help define the value of gold (since gold is account shared and buyable on the RMAH)

let me clear this up for you...

Hardcore gold = hardcore

Softcore gold = softcore

They are indeed account bound but separate....stop spreading bad info thank you =)
Reply Quote
10/26/2011 10:26 PMPosted by Nazárid
They are indeed account bound but separate....stop spreading bad info thank you =)

Fixed
Reply Quote
Sure, Blizzard could try to implement either some legal system to defend themselves from the grieving players, or implement some other game system that saves items... but frankly, it's easier just not to have it or support it.

Buy items for cash for hardcore characters is ridiculously stupid. At least with softcore you'll keep your items for as long as you choose to do so... but buying them for hardcore? What a waste.

I'm really happy Blizzard put their foot down and said, "No, we're not going to let you be THAT stupid with your money."
Reply Quote
10/26/2011 10:12 PMPosted by ChrIs
Laws regarding internet gambling.

If we then buy gold on softcore and use the gold to craft items is that not online gambling?
Reply Quote
There are a lot of reasons, if they thought it woulc profitable/legal or not have severe issues they would of done it. It seemed like a ligitimate question no need to be rude. Diablo 3 will be out soon enough.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
the game is not going to be easy .. they are designing the difficulty curve that most people will die before hitting 60 .. and going into inferno will kill the rest eventually..

if they add an rmah to hardcor it would need a spending cap.. a percentage sale fee and a cap on item prices .. allowing someone to blow 60 buck a month they can lose isn't that bad .. letting some spend 200$ on a legendary and have a lag death kill the hero an hour later is bad ..

Reply Quote
Can you imagine your despair when you've just spent $50,00 on equipments and you're internet goes down in the middle of a fight?

Do you need more reasons?

"United statians" love sueing everyone for the most ridiculous reasons I've ever heard of, in this case it would be a good big deal and Blizzard probably wants to keep away from it.
But I still thinking that some crazy boy will sue blizzard for his hardcore dead character, even with no money involved...

Wanna bet?

EDIT: If you buy online, you can't blame blizzard for your money loss
Edited by Londrer on 10/27/2011 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]