Diablo® III

Aren't you just pissed about...

The same old camera angle as the last 2 games? I mean, the artwork designer team did an excellent job by creating beautiful landscapes, which we cannot enjoy at all.
Reply Quote
No, I don't really get "pissed" over the existence/non-existence of features in video games.

In any case, I'm sure they tinkered with the camera angles rather exhaustively before coming to the conclusion that this is what simply works.
Reply Quote
Camera mechanics and implementation is too big a can of worms to open here. Works great for me, for their game. It's either this 3/4, over the shoulder, off the back, or first person perspective. Any other view would completely change gameplay and Diablo [3] wouldn't be the same. The simpler really is the better.

It's the little things that you take for granted in a game that make it beautiful. Cheers!

Edited by Sheppard on 10/27/2011 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, I don't mind either, I like the way it is. Just saying they should provide options for watching the world in other angles.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Aren't you just pissed that Starcraft 2 wasn't a first-person shooter?
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 05:19 PMPosted by Shantytown

Didn't they try that already? [Ahem-SC Ghost-cough!]

xD
Edited by Sheppard on 10/27/2011 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i love the over head view, would be cool if they had a mousewheel zoom like in SC2 and other games, same perspective but zoomed in a bit. i dont care if its there or not wouldnt make or break the game for me. but zooming in on diablos corpse and taking a SS would be nice =)
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 05:19 PMPosted by Shantytown

You have www.starcraftuniverse.org
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
10/27/2011 05:21 PMPosted by Brandon
i love the over head view, would be cool if they had a mousewheel zoom like in SC2 and other games, same perspective but zoomed in a bit. i dont care if its there or not wouldnt make or break the game for me. but zooming in on diablos corpse and taking a SS would be nice =)

There is angled zooming like in sc2, you can see it in some beta videos.
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 05:23 PMPosted by Shantytown

There's not... I just logged in to double check that.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
10/27/2011 05:26 PMPosted by Soujiro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSij8obEFSA&feature=related

@1:02

I'm not in the beta, dunno.
Reply Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSij8obEFSA&feature=related

@1:02

I'm not in the beta, dunno.

Weird, either it has to do with a skill of the barbarian, or you have to enable it somewhere.

But there is an option that if you open your bag/inventory, the camera zooms in.
Reply Quote
Or just press Z or X can't remember which.
Reply Quote
Hit Z to zoom, I believe. Been a while since I've done it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
They also did an excellent job saving time by building it to only be viewed from one side.
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 05:47 PMPosted by Dreyfuss
They also did an excellent job saving time by building it to only be viewed from one side.

Quite right! Far less to tax the render engine with! Excellent call!

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I actually prefer the solitary view angle in Diablo. It wouldn't work for a lot of games, but Diablo's gameplay style meshes well with a single camera view. Drey brought up the other benefit to it - only having to render the environment from one perspective saves a lot of design resources and also probably allows for a lot better detail in what they do render than they otherwise would have been able to provide.
Reply Quote
So I guess it doesn't matter that the art design team took into account the fact that the camera would be an isometric angle?
Reply Quote
Ehh no not really. But if you say so.
Reply Quote
I mean, the camera angle is not bad, I think they should give options for those of us who enjoy a good landscape and enviroments.

I would love to be able to see this in game:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/artwork/?keywords=&view#/artwork-0054

And check all of this other beautifull ambience:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/videos/?view#/artwork
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]