Diablo® III

Aren't you just pissed about...

That's one of the reasons why I'm gonna get a CE... For the art book.

Reply Quote
Yeah, me too :D
Reply Quote
Fancy/beautiful landscape/scenery distracts me from slaughtering thousands.
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Buzyfe

Maybe, but you're gonna need someplace to pile all the biomass!

xD
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 07:58 PMPosted by Buzyfe

We have a barbarian here :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
PFFFTT.

The isometric 3rd person camera angle is ICONIC to the Diablo Series.

Get out of town brotha.
Reply Quote
Most of the props and scenes were designed to be viewed from the one angle. If you had free camera use, you'd discover such mind-destroying things as flat trees, 2 sided houses, and the edge of the world.
Reply Quote
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Reply Quote
No.

Its nice to see a locked iso view. Its actually one of my favorite setups for game play. D

10/27/2011 06:48 PMPosted by Soujiro
I think they should give options for those of us who enjoy a good landscape and enviroments.

There are no landscapes for you to view in this game because they didn't make any.

The camera angle supports the gameplay.
Reply Quote
PFFFTT.

The isometric 3rd person camera angle is ICONIC to the Diablo Series.

Get out of town brotha.

Not saying it should be removed, just saying it should have options.

Most of the props and scenes were designed to be viewed from the one angle. If you had free camera use, you'd discover such mind-destroying things as flat trees, 2 sided houses, and the edge of the world.

You've got a point.

10/27/2011 10:42 PMPosted by Ham
There are no landscapes for you to view in this game because they didn't make any.

Well they sure took the time to design some awesome landscapes. Sucks that they didn't add them to the game.

I'm not asking for drastic changes, I'm just saying that adding a little bit more art and beauty to the game's point of view would be nice.
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 08:34 PMPosted by Sheppard

Maybe, but you're gonna need someplace to pile all the biomass!

xD

Omg Sheppard didn't sign with a "shi" katakana :P
Reply Quote
As long as its functional it doesn't bother me in the least.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I wish that the camera would constantly rotate and randomly go into slo-mo. That would be pretty cool as you play Barbarian and the moon-physics take over and all the bodies fly. I think I'm Neo!
Reply Quote
Any other view and I would have felt like it was just another junky console game. The view in Diablo is one of the primary things that make the game's identity to me.
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 05:47 PMPosted by Dreyfuss
They also did an excellent job saving time by building it to only be viewed from one side.

Are you sure about this? Ive seen machinima tools out for the beta already, didnt pay that much attention to the video but it seemed he unlocked the camera somewhat.

D3 Machinima Tool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFADjPzvuI

Though after watching it again, he never does a full rotation so it looks like you are right.

Reply Quote
10/28/2011 09:15 AMPosted by DrakeFS
They also did an excellent job saving time by building it to only be viewed from one side.

Are you sure about this? Ive seen machinima tools out for the beta already, didnt pay that much attention to the video but it seemed he unlocked the camera somewhat.

D3 Machinima Tool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFADjPzvuI

Though after watching it again, he never does a full rotation so it looks like you are right.

Awesome video! He didn't make any full rotations. But all the same, there was a little bit of it, and it didn't look bad at all!!! Blizzard could still add some zoom out/zoom in options. Maybe even give the keys SC2 has to rotate 90°.
Reply Quote
Aren't you pissed that all the best Mario games were side-scrolling platformers?
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Hunter
I think you're missing the point of an isometric dungeon crawler.
Reply Quote
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/4/2012 1:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
I totally want more camera freedom..at least mouse zoom...and I have played Diablo since it came out. Like others have said, I love the artwork and I think there must be more freedom available in camara movement, without breaking the art (like the video link above indicates).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]