Diablo® III

Digital DL upgradeable with CE?

10/22/2011 02:52 PMPosted by Archael
I want to buy the digital download, pre-download the game, then upgrade it with CE to get the bonuses

I have personally done this in the past with two WoW expansions and SC2, so I am certain that it will work the same for Diablo 3. The downside, as has been pointed out, is that you wind up paying the total cost for the digital download and the collector's edition.

(I believe that I was able to talk a customer service rep into refunding my digital download fee in one of those instances, but it was clearly an exceptional deviation from their normal policy.)
Reply Quote
10/22/2011 12:12 AMPosted by Baalrogg
My closest Gamestop is about an hour away, too. But, I'm boycotting Gamestop over this whole Metallica argument I had with a cashier a year and a half ago, so that isn't an option for me. If I pre-ordered, it'd have to be by mail. ...Unless Wal-Mart decides to carry the CE, which I highly doubt.

Quoting for lulz. Really you are going to hold a grudge to a company because of a single employee with an entitled opinion of a !@#$ty band (see what I did there?) from a popular video game store chain. Issues much? How about disliking them because of the shady stuff they do like removing redeemable code cards from new games and not giving a crap.

Also I wouldn't get too excited about playing right as the servers go up. With Blizzards rep of patch day "releases" as well as other well known popular multi-player online games from other companies relying on servers to control internet stuffs you can look forward to much lag and many disconnects and hotfixes. Don't get your hopes up, after prime-time all should be well though!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]