Diablo® III

EB Games & Collector's Edition Frustration!

This CE pre-order roll over business is garbo if you ask me. If my pre-order receipt doesn't say "CE" on it (which mine does) then I don't want it. Thats why I waited till the official announcement of the CE box, then double checked with EB Games to make sure the CE box specifically was in their system.

Plus I don't understand this $30/$50 thing. Pre-orders from EB Games for as long as I can remember has been minimum $5, max being the purchase price. I've never had a problem with EB Games (at least the 2 locations I go to) but it wouldn't surprise me if they're just trying to shyster more money out of you earlier.
Reply Quote

I agree. GameStop's online store is more reliable.

I always pre-order online with a store pickup and just go in, they pull up the info from online and I get my copy.

I just picked up BF3 yesterday after work.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Priest
Hmm that is odd at my game stop you could not even pre-order the CE until they announced it Plus i had 15$ down on mine and they just transferred that over to the CE with out a problem i think you might need to find a new eb games or call the regent manager

Plus i have never had any problems ant my game stop they give me great service and i always get my pre-orders

It's been the same for me at the EB where I live. They wouldn't let me pre-order the CE until this past saturday as it didn't exist in their system yet. I think OP got scammed by the employees at his local EB.
Reply Quote
Hey man exactly the same thing happened to me too, it is quite frustrating that we pre-ordered diablo 3 and deposited 30 bucks as well as them saying that it will be converted to the LE/CE. I did the same thing and called them up to check on my pre-order, finding out that i needed to deposit an extra $20.
I was quite disappointed how you said that the manager told you " the pre-orders have been reset " hope that the stocks don't run out for the CE.

This is my first time buying a CE so im not sure how much stock they usually have. Also I usually don't buy my games anymore at EB knowing that there is a much better online store but that online store isn't selling / pre-ordering the CE.

Im from Brisbane, Aus

Cheers
Reply Quote
22 Worgen Druid
GTU
I preordered SC2 from them, and when CE was announced they told me their was a queue to get CE and they will call everyone on the list and ask them if they want it. They told me I was 3rd on the list. They NEVER called me (so I figured I wasn't getting one). So I preordered from amazon, figuring I would just eat the 5$ deposit from the store.

On release day, they called me to say "Yea, we have your CE here !"

Really?
>.>
Reply Quote
I got a Diablo 3 email and I had thought it was the beta but no it was blizzard telling me that I can order the CE from amazon. =*(
Reply Quote
Why would you even put down money a year ago for a game version that wasn't announced yet?

I'll put a pre-order down a week before release, and still get my copy. And not be frustrated.

Know what i'll do? I'll walk into a wal-mart 2 days after release and still get my copy.

Preorders are so 2004
Reply Quote
Hmm that is odd at my game stop you could not even pre-order the CE until they announced it Plus i had 15$ down on mine and they just transferred that over to the CE with out a problem i think you might need to find a new eb games or call the regent manager

Plus i have never had any problems ant my game stop they give me great service and i always get my pre-orders

It's been the same for me at the EB where I live. They wouldn't let me pre-order the CE until this past saturday as it didn't exist in their system yet. I think OP got scammed by the employees at his local EB.

Yup.

I asked about a week ago and they said they weren't taking preorders because the game didn't exist yet, and told me to come back after Blizzard officially announced it. Then again judging by these forums, my Gamestop is rather exceptional where everyone elses seems to be crap :( Unfortunate.

My Gamestop requires a $10 deposit for CE. I am wondering if you are telling a story as EB/Gamestop are the same people now, right?

Seems to vary. They asked for $5 at mine, and I put $20 down. The OP being asked to put $50 down seems like a scam. Gamestop doesn't seem to employ the intelligent.
Edited by Skyfire on 10/26/2011 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
you should meow at that EB Games manager until he reinstates you to your rightful place in the CE queue.
Reply Quote
I preordered mine online, hopefully to avoid this sort of hassle from EB.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Yeah I preordered the CE on Monday, on their website to pickup in store, hoping there aren't any issues at release, should be fine if I go at midnight.
Reply Quote
I work at gamestop and ill just tell you that that manager is smoking some good !@#$. Cause there is no queue for any pre order including CEs. Theycan ore order as many as the store can handle which is a pretty insane number. And for pre orders of CEs you only need to put down 10 dollars .
Reply Quote
My ebgames (Canada) would not sell preorders for the CE until it was officially announced. I dropped into my store on Saturday and preordered my CE with no problem at all because it was in the system at that point.

Any kind of attempt for someone to preorder for you before it's in the system is a recipe for failure if you ask me. If it ain't in the system then you are relying on no human error. Good luck with that.

Anyways it sounds like you have your CE sorted out since you ordered on the first day and there was no harm done.
Reply Quote
EB Games are by far the worst game vendor out there. Seriously I have a 3 pages list of things that happens with them that is bad.

I will never never buy or sell games there again. There is so much other vendors out there.. seriously...
Reply Quote
93 Undead Warlock
Games from Blizzard are not even gonna run out of CE's before they come out EVER? Yea imma go with that opinion. Get over your hurt feelings

Haha hardly hurt over it. Just a little annoying because what will more than likely happen now is, they will tell me on the day of release that they didn't "receive" enough Collector's Editions.

It just means they held onto my money for nothing - that's if I can get it back without them trying to convince me that it was for a standard D3 copy if there was not enough collector's.

& @Doom - by first come, first serve, I mean they dish out the CE's to those who pre-ordered first, seeing as they generally only get a small amount of CE's per store here.

My suggestion iplayjerg is this. go to

http://mfisurvey.marketforce.com/GameStop/IndexCC.aspx

and report your ebgame's manager for conducting what appear's to you as fraudulent sales. Same to you Èternal. And at the same time request to know why these act's are being performed and why you are not receiving the product you paid the store for. If you pay $6,000 for a car to be there when it comes out but they tell you they ran out wouldn't you contact the dealership to report the store? much less a lawyer =)~
Edited by Nerothos on 10/26/2011 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hell, I *called* my Gamestop since I'm a regular and told them to upgrade it for me since I had my prequisite money down. No issue.

There has got to be some seriously awful Gamestops out there. Then again that's still an EB Games, not that the distinction should matter at all since they're the same thing.
Reply Quote
\No issues at all for me. I noticed that on friday right after the blizzcon announcement the ebgames/gamestop website said preorders in store start saturday.

When I got there the clerk was surprised that the CE is available for pre-order now, and said "no problem! that will be $5.00 minimum deposit."
Edited by Ktulu on 10/26/2011 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]