Diablo® III

How much are you willing to pay for gear?

I think everyone is wondering how much money there will be to make off the RMHA. To be honest we wont know until we find out how hard it is to find items.

How much are you willing to pay? I can see myself paying .99-$2 for gear used to level up to 60.

Once I get to level 60 I only really see myself paying $5-$10 for a piece of end game gear.

To be honest the only reason I see myself buying gear is to make farming the end game easier so I can get better gear faster. And buying gear for PVP.

Personally the appeal of the game is farming the gear. Once I gear out a character I normally play it for a bit then roll a different class.

How about you guys?
Edited by Zilla on 10/26/2011 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Zero
Reply Quote
I am willing to pay whatever I make on selling gear. I'm not gonna put anything into the system.

Any money that I make will be play money. Sorta like a tax return.
Edited by Cheesy on 10/26/2011 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Probably gear up my main by myself and make some blizz credits along the way. Use those credits to gear other chars.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
10/26/2011 10:20 AMPosted by Cheesy
I am willing to pay whatever I make on selling gear. I'm not gonna put anything into the system.

Exactly xD
Reply Quote
it depends on how much money I make from the RMAH

I will spend less than I've earned, I'm not putting any money into the RMAH unless I become rich, xD
Reply Quote
Nada.
Reply Quote
Ditto, I will not touch the RMAH. Only the GAH. Maybe not even that. I think the fun for me is finding my own stuff. I would probably only sell in the RMAH if I was going to make over $50.
Reply Quote
My hope is to be able to get lucky and find some rare items that aren't for a wizard and post them up as I level. Then with the blizz buck accumulated go out and buy some decent stuff for a high level wizard... From the first couple posts it seems I'm not the only one with this mind set and it'll probably be harder than we think to sell items.

Anyway, let's assume I had money to spend (because I don't). I'd be willing to pay upwards of $5 for any item. I'll honestly say that I did purchase some items for D2 and don't think I ever went over paying $5 for an item (never scammed or had my money stolen). Mind you I didn't get the best of the best. I'm perfectly content with having my legendary items being of mid quality. But getting back on track, unless it's an item I've been after for a long time or would complete a set for me I wouldn't spend over $5 on ONE item.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
FoE
it depends on how much money I make from the RMAH

I will spend less than I've earned, I'm not putting any money into the RMAH unless I become rich, xD
This, i dont have enough money to put any into the system, but if i make some i have no qualms about using it. I think the majority of people on these forums will also treat the RMAH this way (those who will use it of course).

On a slightly off topic side note, did anyone see the thread a couple weeks ago advertising for a guild? It was deleted for breaking forums rules, but this person was apparently going to have $15,000 to spend gearing up members. Wish i had that kind of money to just throw away.
Reply Quote
I think everyone is wondering how much money there will be to make off the RMHA. To be honest we wont know until we find out how hard it is to find items.

How much are you willing to pay? I can see myself paying .99-$2 for gear used to level up to 60.

Once I get to level 60 I only really see myself paying $5-$10 for a piece of end game gear.

To be honest the only reason I see myself buying gear is to make farming the end game easier so I can get better gear faster. And buying gear for PVP.

Personally the appeal of the game is farming the gear. Once I gear out a character I normally play it for a bit then roll a different class.

How about you guys?

Since there is really no PvE ladder, I will probably not even touch the AH, not at first anyway. No reason to get gear as fast as possible, at least IMO. I might eventually use it however, if prices are reasonable. I'm not paying $20+ for a single piece of gear though, I don't care how awesome it is.
Reply Quote
I see myself using the GAH for selling gear and the RMAH for selling extra gold: unless I find sword of epicness that sells for a epic amount
Reply Quote
10/26/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Forge
Since there is really no PvE ladder, I will probably not even touch the AH, not at first anyway. No reason to get gear as fast as possible, at least IMO. I might eventually use it however, if prices are reasonable. I'm not paying $20+ for a single piece of gear though, I don't care how awesome it is.

+1
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I suspect most of the sales are going to be to a small portion of the population with more money than sense. I expect to see the first $100+ sale within a few weeks of the game coming out. (I wish I was kidding but I just know someone is going to have to have that world first high end legendary for their collection.)

Meanwhile the rest of us will be down here in reality looking at the $5 or less market if we even spend anything at all.
Reply Quote
I ask myself this question: If no one would put money on the RMAH, how would it work?
Reply Quote
I suspect most of the sales are going to be to a small portion of the population with more money than sense. I expect to see the first $100+ sale within a few weeks of the game coming out. (I wish I was kidding but I just know someone is going to have to have that world first high end legendary for their collection.)

Meanwhile the rest of us will be down here in reality looking at the $5 or less market if we even spend anything at all.

Yeah I only really see the big $$ close to release. There are always the people that want to be the first. They are obsessed any they are the people willing to pay big money to feel special.

Just like any game the first couple weeks all the gear / crafted gear is worth a lot. then prices drop significantly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]