Diablo® III

How much are you willing to pay for gear?

I plan to spend no more than I earn from selling items. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Really hard to say at this point.

For me, it will depend on,

1. Is this item too rare to be farmed?
2. Is this a high quality item?
3. Will I have advantage (pve or pvp) for having this item?
4. Will the advantage translate to being able to show off to the community?

If all 4 criteria are met (which would be unlikely, since we already know there won't be a ladder system at release) , I will be willing to pay up to $10-$20 per item.
Reply Quote
I think if I had 4 out of 5 pieces of a level 60 set and it cost $30 for that final uber rare piece, i'd buy it.
Reply Quote
I'm gonna buy everything I want on the RMAH. Probably a few hundred a month. Depends on how much my daddy gives me. Yup.
Reply Quote
i might spend $1-$10 over the course of playing the game, for however many years i play it. unless i make decent money off the free postings, which i will try to use as much as possible.

and to the guy saying he makes 80k a year and would spend 10k on d3. i call liar liar pants on fire on that one, after taxes spending a 5th of your disposable income on a video game.... buuuuullllllshhhhhh
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
10/26/2011 06:36 PMPosted by Brandon
and to the guy saying he makes 80k a year and would spend 10k on d3. i call liar liar pants on fire on that one, after taxes spending a 5th of your disposable income on a video game.... buuuuullllllshhhhhh

I think he's may me making an occupy wall street joke. He's not the 99% he's that special 1
Reply Quote
One billon dolars every week.
Reply Quote
10/26/2011 04:03 PMPosted by Repaer
RMAH success is all gonna depend on the money inputed into the system the first month. Everyone one here thinks they're gonna find an item and make it rich. It won't happen. Too many people are going to play the conservative route offering to farm and pawn what they find. Yea occasionally some item may warant a high price, that person may opt to put some RM into the "economy". If everyone here thinks they're just gonna find items and make money it won't happen unless there are enough suckers to buy it, and put money into the system. From the sounds of it... there won't be many suckers.. too many kids, teens with no cash thinking they're gonna make this a living.

+1
Reply Quote
It's going to be interesting. Most of the people posting don't seem to realize the competition they're about to face at release.

You're talking about the possibility of getting the BEST gear without needing collaboration, in a game that's already relatively easy AND requires no subscription fee.

And then you look at the astronomical amounts of "farmers", who will have advantage on the great majority of the population in terms of time, organization, and farming tactics.
But most important is the fact that they now have a legal environment to farm, eliminating unpreventable losses that they had to deal with in a game like WoW.

D3 RMAH will not be a seller's market.
Reply Quote
10/26/2011 06:39 PMPosted by Gerrick
I think he's may me making an occupy wall street joke. He's not the 99% he's that special 1

wow i missed the tone of that post completely, long day at work =(

edit- oh yea and people saying theyll spend 10-20 bucks on an item... does anyone really believe these items will cost this much? theres going to be so many items on the market, even if something has a .0000001% drop chance theres going to be a couple million people downing mobs constantly. theres going to be a lot of stuff out there so i dont see the supply being very low. i get the feeling these $10 price tags are from people thinking they will be the same prices as d2 items, which were only sold my illegal farmers who could set the values to whatever they wished
Edited by Brandon on 10/26/2011 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
0. I will find and trade it all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]