Diablo® III

I am curious to why..

10/27/2011 04:43 PMPosted by jdawg
Everyone is knit picking things about D3 and it hasnt released yet. Call it venting, but at one point you'll brag about a cool game and then two face it up with lashing out on blizz for not doing what YOU personally want.. Give the game a chance as they make it. If it doesnt work like they thought it would.. they will patch it up and change to what will.

Sitting idly by just isn't an option. Oh God, I'm just reminded of SC2 not having chat channels on release ....... "Do you really want chat channels?", Oh God ..........

Of course, they were eventually implemented .... IMPLEMENTING A CRAPPIER VERSION OF THE OLD ONE. So much pain could have been avoided if the community was a little more vocal.

Reply Quote
Everyone is knit picking things about D3 and it hasnt released yet. Call it venting, but at one point you'll brag about a cool game and then two face it up with lashing out on blizz for not doing what YOU personally want.. Give the game a chance as they make it. If it doesnt work like they thought it would.. they will patch it up and change to what will.

Because during a beta is the time to knit pick. That's when the biggest changes are made.

Ever hear of a "beta push"? It's when a group of players express concern in something and push/petition to get it changed.
Reply Quote
Um, most of us knit-picking want the game to be the best it possibly can be.

I'm all for constructively discussing qualities of the game to make it better.

Too many posters talk about Blizzard like they're stupid. The ignore the fact that it's Blizzards day job to create these games (for 12+ hours a day, most, if not every day of the week). They're [Blizzard] more invested in getting it as flawless, fun, and challenging than any player will ever be. To complain about a game especially before it's released is to not only disrespectful the people responsible for the game but to suggest that they know better. Talk about biting the hand that feeds!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its a matter of players trying to get the most out of a game they are passionately waiting for. The people that have complaints that are not just lambasting Blizzard are the customers Blizzard wants to listen to.

For everyone one of those customers there are a good 1,000 other that will not say anything and never buy another Blizzard product. Its the same as any business that is looking to keep customers.

The difference being at this point Blizzard has a rabid following. We all know it, Blizzard knows it and they capitalize on it.

I really want you to explain a possible good reason why they came up with the Pillar of light effect if you think they are truly working as hard as you claim?

Lets note the problems with this skill:

1. Its Roman architecture. Monks are Asian.
2. The Pillar looks completely out of place.
3. Monks don't have explosives.
4. The Monk would not destroy a piece of his temple that is sacred to him.

The reasons above are enough to warrant a bad skill design. Its also 100% shows they did not do any research behind real monks to incorporate it into a game.

The reason for the research to be needed is because we as humans associate names with things. The Monk is a 100% real thing it is something everyone has an immediate association with martial arts. Yet can easily be portrayed as super human in video games based on what they are able to do in real life.

The only weak reason for making the skill Pillar of Light I can come up with is to use their environmental damage engine. If they wanted to use that they should have made a class based around it, not try and incorporate it into something that already has a staple image.
Edited by TeamWorkTom on 10/27/2011 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There's nothing better to do.

Don't take it too seriously.

Honestly I feel like this is a low blow, Bash. What is the point of a community and discussion forum if we can't express how we feel about a game universe we all love? I mean, you're a CM, you should know this better than anyone.

10/27/2011 04:59 PMPosted by Sheppard
They don't respect the company/game they claim to love.

And this just makes no sense. It's because we love this company and because we hold them to such high standards that we feel the need to be vocal when we feel they are slipping. Yes I love Blizzard and yes they are, in my opinion, the best video game company to date, but that doesn't mean I/we will worship their every decision.

Think about Star Wars episodes 4-6 and how highly regarded they are and how much people loved George Lucas for it.

Now think about episodes 1-3 and how much "knit picking" people did. It was because they felt like a universe that had been consistently good had taken a different turn.

Now I'm not saying Diablo 3 is going to be a bad game. Not at all. In fact, it will probably be the best ARPG to date when it comes out. But that doesn't mean that decisions like Jar-Jar Binks don't take away from the experience.
Reply Quote

I understand but at the same time blizz has prob thought of the idea to do the same as d2 or d1 and 20 different options on top of it... the idea i like.. its a new game.. new lore, new style of play, new classes, new everything.. i like new.. keeps me more and more interested.. others like the older style cause they cant change.. pvp for example.. many want open.. if its open.. you take the chance in random matchmaking to find pvp or would you rather have a closed pvp where you dont have to go looking for it? sounds like you guys thought of it all really
Reply Quote
another day... no beta...

Im bored, I know I was waiting for MW3, but dammit, I think im just going to go buy Battlefield 3 to hold me over.
Reply Quote
Everyone is knit picking

Speaking of nit-picking.. it's "nit-picking" or "nitpicking".

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin

Honestly I feel like this is a low blow, Bash. What is the point of a community and discussion forum if we can't express how we feel about a game universe we all love? I mean, you're a CM, you should know this better than anyone.

yeah phoenix .. i am the resident blizzard fan boy on the formu.. but you understand when you have players saying designers should be fired .. because 20 skill out of 600 skill might be to silly.. why blizzard would not take it to seriously..

every design elament of this game get complained about in some fashion or another.in the end you don't take it that seriously ..

the forums are here for players to discuss the game with each other.. the problem is what a lot of lovers of the franchise seem to want is an expansion of d2 not a new game in the line
Edited by Toyodah on 10/27/2011 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

sadly this is true.

How about you give us real informational posts and stop trying to act like Ghandi.

EDIT: or don't post at all.
Edited by ThizzFace on 10/27/2011 9:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I applaud you, Phoenix. Your posts are always welcome as your candor is refined, even if on the other side of the fence...
So, come, now Phoenix, don't insinuate that you don't see the difference between constructive criticism and blatant ranting. It's not always so much about what is said but how it is said. Most of the complaints are surely not coming from people who actively play the beta, looking for things that need to be tweaked. There's an entirely separate forum for that. If I were playing the beta and had notifications or suggestions, that's where I'd post them. Not here in the General Discussion.
I am simply supporting the OP's point that the game is being attacked by people wanting to change things before they've had a chance to try it out. ...Cutting the plant before it blooms, as it were. It's like watching an episode of Seinfeld. I know you've seen it... It's everywhere. The devil truly is in the details, isn't it? And the game must be released in some state, if you focus too much on the details you'd never finish the project for always "fixing" something. You can't please everyone all of the time and some are gonna be unhappy, but I want to experience what Blizzard has been working on.

* BTW... I didn't really have that big of an issue with Mr. Lucas' movies, 1-6. They're his, not mine. Who would I think I am to tell him how he should have done things differently? For me, humbly, it's the same with Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

*Passion is a dangerous emotion. I am indeed passionate about playing this game, however that doesn't forgive me of my civil mindfulness.

Reply Quote
I .. love lamp.
Reply Quote
Games only get reviewed once. A lot of people will decide whether or not to buy based on reviews. The most online activity will be just after launch. The lifetime of a game is usually determined by the size of the community at launch, as the rate of players leaving accelerates as the population dwindles, meaning a population of millions+ will remain pretty stable or even grow, while smaller ones collapse really fast.

Of course D3 will have a huge pop, but the difference between a 9, 9.5, and 10 can be extremely significant. People just want it to be as good as it can be at launch. The whole "it can be patched later" mentality is used against PC gaming very often. We don't need to give those people more ammunition.

Do you remember when SC2 was released and the Amazon community went on a 5 star -1 star war? Where all the one star posters did it in retaliation for no LAN support? Yea I am willing to bet there will be another battle over the Amazon rating with the PvP argument. if people were to base all their opinions off of the Amazon review no one would buy the game. word of mouth will be what wins a steady sale of Diablo 3 after the initial release rush.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
To complain about a game especially before it's released is to not only disrespectful the people responsible for the game but to suggest that they know better. Talk about biting the hand that feeds!

True, because you know, blizzard never updates their games. They always get released in perfect condition. That's why blizzard never has betas, because they don't need our feedback!
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 09:26 PMPosted by Doom
word of mouth will be what wins a steady sale of Diablo 3 after the initial release rush.

And good reviews from Morgan Webb and Adan Sessler!

xD
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Blue posted. Sign of Beta.
Reply Quote
They want the feedback. What they don't want is the mindless rants. The great majority of complain topics in the forums regarding something about D3 has the following flavor:

"Whaa Whaa I want the game to be the way I want it to be be!! Whaa Whaa!!"" The RMAH scares me!", "I wants open PvP!"

Very few people actually go into detail as the why they are not comfortable with what they are seeing. "Fire the developers!!". Really? Who are they going to hire to do the job? The jackass that posts a thread without even the basic understanding as to the why they are doing something in the game?

As an example: The whole Pillar of Light thing with the monk I keep seeing. "its stupid whaa!, makes no sense whaa!". We are talking about a game that involves demons, goatmen, superhuman abilities, bodies exploding like squashed g!#%*s...it looks like a exploding pillar, so what? Honestly, so what? Are they forcing you to use that ability. I really doubt that the terms of agreement will have a clause that forces you use the ability, or they will cancel your account. You don't like it, then don't use it.

Another thing, about the open PvP. You got the arenas, which means that you will engage in PvP against people that actually want to PvP. Being in the open world and jumping on someone that rather be killing monsters, where is the greatness in that? where is the all around gain? yeah maybe you are getting your fix, but ever stopped to think that you might be annoying someone? Another thing I don't get about the whole PvP thing is this: there are tons of games specifically designed for PvP: BF3, then the MW, Halo (if it is still relevant), fighting games, SC2, etc. You want pvp that bad, go play those games and quit the damn whinning.

Nit picking because we want the game to be the best, my !@#. Griefers only want what suits their taste and screw everyone else. And the game is not even out yet!

If it really bothers you that much, then gather a bunch of programers, design your own game, and make it the way you want it to be.
Edited by Ozz on 10/27/2011 11:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 08:54 PMPosted by Pesty
Speaking of nit-picking.. it's "nit-picking" or "nitpicking".

lol at this.. kudos for the spelling correction
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]