Diablo® III

How many will play hardcore for the 1st time?

90 Orc Warrior
I never was interested in HC in d2 but i plan on at least trying it in D3.

Anyone else with me?

Don't know why it appeals to me now... maybe the idea of a fresh start with everyone... its a feeling you rarely get to experience and wears off far too soon so i want a taste of the action.

The game just feels more balanced... and skill oriented now... maybe requiring skill instead of potion popping... so being high level hardcore will actually mean something instead of whirl-winding and getting iron maidened ;P
Edited by Walkerofday on 10/27/2011 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
GOLD!!! I LOVE GOLD

/sips dog blood
Reply Quote
I'll need to cut my teeth on something a bit softer. Go get 'em, though!

Reply Quote
- Diablo IncGamers
From my beta experience I can say Hardcore in D3 will be a bit different. It's feast or famine with orbs, no more potion spamming. Aside from that i'm still game!

Xanth
Hardcore columnist
Diablo.incgamers.com
Reply Quote
I'll try it out after I've played normal for a while.

I just hate the thought of invest hours upon hours on a character that has a chance of being deleted due to a mistake.
Reply Quote
I think, mostly, I will run normal. I do intend on running a HC Monk or Demon Hunter for a change of pace.
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 08:52 PMPosted by Cerum
I just hate the thought of invest hours upon hours on a character that has a chance of being deleted due to a mistake.

Yeah, that's pretty much what held me back in D2 the whole time.

I'll probably do some iron man challenges with friends, but that's about it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
HC makes you a better player. Softcore you can just kinda run in, spam whatever spell u feel like, and hope for the best, if you die, oh well..
Hardcore forces you to think about the situation. Forces you to react to small changes on the battlefield. As in avoiding getting surrounded if you can't tele/leap you way out. Watching for lightining enchanted mobs, other stuff like that. Gotta keep your eyes open at all times.

My answer: Hardcore. If I make it to lvl 59 and get wasted.. my fault, made a mistake, learn from it, don't do it again.
Reply Quote
Definately HC I don't care if I die 20 times on nm or hell before beating them, I love HC. that is all.

*sips orphan tears*
Reply Quote
I may give it a try at least once
Reply Quote
35 Undead Rogue
only a try, that's all. Because i can't imagine deleting a character into which i put my most effort.
Reply Quote
I would prolly play hardcore for the first time but i wanna make sure of something.

Is it true that when your HC character dies it gets moved to softcore? And if it does, does that character only get to keep the gold only?
Reply Quote
I was a bad 12 year old when I played D2, so I didn't hardcore. I can't decide if I want to run through just normal and then go to hardcore or finish up a SC char to 60 with maybe some brief hardcore play inbetween. Either way I'll definitely be doing hardcore after I'm well aquainted with the class I want to play. It's not fun if there isn't risk! One SC char to mess around with is plenty!
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 10:30 PMPosted by Raginhart
only a try, that's all. Because i can't imagine deleting a character into which i put my most effort.

This.

If I do hardcore, I'll play a Monk, but the idea of losing a character at like 58 due to a connection issue just makes me want to cry.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]