Diablo® III

how does dye work

do they dye all of your armor at once? how is it obtained? is it destroyed on use?
Reply Quote
http://diablowiki.net/Dyes

That's pretty much all that's known. Only certain parts can be dyed, it seems that each piece needs it separately. If a dye is consumed after one use or has multiple uses is unknown. The current way they are awarded is by drops but that could readily change.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Dies have unlimited use and are sold by vendors.
Reply Quote
Dies do not have unlimited use because if they did no-one would need to get new dyes once they had them all, so they would become pointless.
Reply Quote
i'd posted in a different thread the idea that dyes are earned with achievements like the icons or avatars with SC2. Purely speculation.
Reply Quote
Do you think dyes will be tradable if they are unlocked via achievements?
Reply Quote
11/02/2011 08:48 PMPosted by Wizerdree
i'd posted in a different thread the idea that dyes are earned with achievements like the icons or avatars with SC2. Purely speculation.

I doubt it. I think they will drop as usual, and a few will be unlocked by competing a quest.

as for ideas for new colors for dye I have a few.

Gothic--a very dark purple, favored by dark cultists and a few clandestine mage clans in the East.
Bittersweet--brownish orange dye extracted from a plant grown in Kurast.
Midnight-- a navy blue dye, like Rogue dye, usually worn by these who do not wish to be seen at night.
Lavender-- a pale pinkish purple hue extracted from the widely popular Lavender flower.
Reply Quote
11/05/2011 12:26 PMPosted by BehemothGHun
Do you think dyes will be tradable if they are unlocked via achievements?

if achievement no
if drops yes
Reply Quote
I know the dye remover is a consumable in the beta and only survives one use and costs around 200 gold (about as much as the crappiest blue item from the vendors).

I'm curious how the two Collector's edition Dyes will work. I would think those would be infinite-use since presumably no more will ever exist. I would guess the others would or should be consumable. I would personally opt for the same type bottles to stack like potions so the stack of dyes could have a certain known # of uses.
Reply Quote
I bought dyes from the auction house. Was $5000 each. They are one time use for armor only.
Reply Quote
Here is a quick video showcasing dyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiPL-GEAS5Q&feature=plcp&context=C4411931VDvjVQa1PpcFOu7tHNs7C2CR0vhc6dGdQ1KV3l8Ve1vqc=
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]