Diablo® III

How were YOU introduced to Diablo?

85 Orc Warrior
I was thinking about it and wanted to start a thread to see if anyone had any stories like mine, or perhaps more interesting.

I was introduced to Diablo through a couple of friends of mine, one day while we cut school to play video games at an internet cafe. Two of my friends rented the game for 2 hours, and I thought they were retarted for doing so. I didn't even try it, I wouldn't even give it a chance. The thought of a playing a video game of D&D is what I thought it was. I thought it was the stupidest game I'd ever seen. I literally refused to play Diablo.

About a year later, Diablo 2 comes out, and around the same time I got my first computer. My friend who tried to get me into Diablo came over and brought it with him, and again, I refused to play it. So he installed it while I played my playstation. He kept trying to get me to play it and I kept refusing, until I finally succumbed because he had been bothering me all night and I was bored. I watched him kill a few things in Act 1, and all the sudden a different color item dropped, and then he identified it, and it was like a stronger version of the item.

I immediately kicked him off the computer and started a new necromancer (cuz necros look the coolest) and got to work. When I leveled up the first time my friend showed me how I could control where my strength was, by allotting my stat points into different things, and also getting new spells by using my skillpoints. I found a set belt which ended up being the Arctic belt but I remember the excitement of seeing that GREEN color that was even RARER that sparked like an indescribable excitement for me. Later on as I played more, and learned more, the game just got cooler and cooler, and I ended up playing it for years and years, and now it's my favorite video game franchise. I love everything Diablo related now and have since played the original and beat it a few times. I have been anticipating Diablo 3 since years before it was announced and now we're so close! I can't wait!

So, what about you?
Reply Quote
I'm not sure anymore... I think it was because I played Wc1 and they had an advertisement for Diablo 1. Since I liked Wc1 so much, I decided to try Diablo 1.

Been a Blizzard fan ever since.
Reply Quote
uhhh, my neighbor from across the street came over and installed the diablo demo onto my computer when i was young. after only being able to kill the butcher for so long i begged my mom to buy the real game, she obviously ended up getting it for me. and thats how i all began for me ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I saw them advertising the game on a shopping channel.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
10/26/2011 11:10 AMPosted by Råjahten
I saw them advertising the game on a shopping channel.

LOL i remember getting an NES game from my grandparents that they bought from somethign like this. It was hella chinese and didn't work....
Reply Quote
I got a demo cd in some computer magazine. I had no idea what Diablo was prior to popping the cd in my old windows 95 PC and it was fantastic. The atmosphere and the cinematics were incredible. Picked up the game as soon as it was available. I didn't play much online, but I loved the single player for D1.

Couldn't get enough of the franchise since then. I ordered the D2CE, D2LOD, and now D3CE as soon as they were available.

Reply Quote
Too be honest it was so long ago and I was so young at the time I don't really remember.

I think a friend was playing it and told me to buy it. Used my allowance money to buy it and me and him would play over dial-up modem. Pretty sure this was on a Pentium 2 200mhz.

It was a lot of fun but so long ago.

D2 came out right when I was a Junior in high-school. I remember the first day I played it the game was so epic and I was so excited. Stayed up to like 2am playing. Dreamed about it and woke up early to play it all the next day. I think this was on a Pentium 3 500mhz

Since D2's release I have played it off and on to about level 86. Then I stop for a year or two then pick it up again.
Edited by Zilla on 10/26/2011 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My neighbor across the street had D1 when it was pretty new. I never got to make a character or really play it but I was able to watch him from time to time. When D2 had been out for a year or so I was finally able to get a copy of it. Played my heart out on that game. Been gaining and losing interested for the past 10 years.

About to get balls deep into D3 though... lose interested 2 years later, pick it up 1 year after that and continue to wait the next 8 years on D4. :)
Reply Quote
I rented Diablo on the PS1. I loved it! I know everyone hates the PS1 version and all, but dammit I really loved the game. When I got a PC that could run it, I saw at a game store the box for Diablo... I remembered loving it on the PS1 so I bought it for PC and thought it was even better than I had remembered.

Then Diablo 2 came out and my computer still sucked !@#...

So I waited a little while and when I got a new computer, I got Diablo 2 for christmas. I think it was at patch 1.08 when I got it. Maybe earlier, I'm not sure. Since then I've played over 3000 hours of Diablo 2.

Now I'm just waiting for D3 to be released. Since I have a job, I can play it right away when it comes out instead of waiting for a few years! :)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Too be honest it was so long ago and I was so young at the time I don't really remember.

I think a friend was playing it and told me to buy it. Used my allowance money to buy it and me and him would play over dial-up modem.

It was a lot of fun but so long ago.

D2 came out right when I was a Junior in high-school. I remember the first day I played it the game was so epic and I was so excited. Stayed up to like 2am playing. Dreamed about it and woke up early to play it all the next day.

I love that feeling where you can't wait to play the next time. It's been a very long time since I've felt that way about a game though.
Reply Quote
I was in middle school over 10 years ago and my friend in class was selling about 4 games for 5$ one of them was diablo 2. He told me, he has beaten all those games and they were no longer fun. I bought it and love it.
Reply Quote
I remember seeing it when D2 was released... Since I've been playing SC2 and keeping up with Blizzard news, now I'm gonna get Diablo 3.

Reply Quote
I was introduced to Diablo II first, actually. I didn't really get into video games until Starcraft came out, and a few years after that, I had a friend show me his undead-bashing Barbarian that felled demons. My mother had a big issue with it because it was "violent and thus evil," but after showing her that not only was it a fantasy world where you combat the forces of hell for the light, that it was very specifically a FANTASY world.

Needless to say, my love for Blizzard Entertainment exploded at that point. Love at first RTS, increased love at first ARPG.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Watching my brother play diablo 1
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
My dad would always bring my brother and I to one of his friends hose. My mads friend had a son that was about mine and my bothers game. He had the game and showed it to us. I instantly fell in love. I have been playing Diablo from the time I was like 7-8years old. Started with Diablo 1 ofc.
Reply Quote
D1, my brother just brought it home from the mall.
It was pretty good.
Reply Quote
My dad bought Diablo2 when I was around 12 or 13 and he played it offline all the time. When my dad would let me use the computer I would hop on and play offline also... until I found that there was an online feature, I was addicted since. I think it was my actual first online game I ever played. I'm 22 now and still addicted to all the blizzard games. (not so much WoW anymore)
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
My childhood friend got me into computer games overall. My first was Age of Empires. After a while, D2 came out and we both got our copies and played together online. I really can't remember having that much fun since then. Here's hoping to D3!
Reply Quote
I was given Diablo 1 as a Christmas present (along with Starcraft) in 6th or 7th grade.

Haven't looked back since.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]