Diablo® III

So getting Diablo 3 for Free?

Sorry, I am kind of confused.

I searched and couldn't find an answer. Or at least, not a clear one.

They have it set up to where you can buy a year of WoW time and get Diablo 3 for free, but what exactly do you get if you buy Diablo 3 Collectors Edition?

I have seen scattered reports of getting 4 months of WoW time free, is that true or rumor?

Thanks in advance for any insight, and please cite a source if you could, cuz I am trying to lean in which direction I am going to go with these special deals that are floating around.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Sorry, I am kind of confused.

I searched and couldn't find an answer. Or at least, not a clear one.

They have it set up to where you can buy a year of WoW time and get Diablo 3 for free, but what exactly do you get if you buy Diablo 3 Collectors Edition?

I have seen scattered reports of getting 4 months of WoW time free, is that true or rumor?

Thanks in advance for any insight, and please cite a source if you could, cuz I am trying to lean in which direction I am going to go with these special deals that are floating around.

When you go into the offer there is a section that references the Collectors Edition and says that you get 4 months of WoW game time if you register the collectors edition of Diablo 3.

It's part of the contract your accepting.
Reply Quote
So it sounds like you buy the Annual Pass, get Diablo 3 for free, and then you can choose to buy the Collector's Edition, add it to your account and then get an extra 4 months?

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You know there is a a FAQ for it that tells you this stuff. It's linked off the page that has the info on the promotion but here I'll give you the link anyway.
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&tag=D3WoWFAQ&rhtml=true

Reply Quote
Yes, I looked at it, but even in the description that says

"If you decide to purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition when it's available, and then choose to add your Collector's Edition license key to the Battle.net account associated with your existing World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion, you will receive all of the benefits associated with the Collector's Edition, plus receive four months of World of Warcraft game time which is eligible towards your 12-month subscription commitment. After you purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition you just need to input the product key into the Battle.net account associated with your World of Warcraft 12-month commitment and that account will then receive the next 4 months of World of Warcraft game time for free. For example, if you already had a month of game time on the associated World of Warcraft account when you input your Diablo III Collector's Edition product key, it would then be 5 months until your next subscription payment was due."

It's somewhat unclear on exactly what it stipulates. Which, in turn, is the reason I came here...

The only reason it's unclear is because it's an odd round-about way to do things as it results in you owning 2 copies of Diablo 3 fairly needlessly.

I suppose it's just odd that Blizzard isnt having some kind of separate deal like...16 months of WoW time = Collectors Edition or something. You know, something that is logical and doesn't result in you owning two copies of Diablo 3 on one b.net account?
Edited by Nethrom on 10/26/2011 5:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]