Diablo® III

wait wait wait wait, Diablo 3 is region free?

The download of the actual client will have no basis on where you can connect, all it’s gonna dictate is what your language pack is… … You wanna download the german client and play in Europe? you do that. You wanna download the german client and play in North America? you can do that too.
Q: So the functionality is closer to what Diablo 2 had where you could just choose server rather than Starcraft 2.
Yes.

If you buy Diablo 3, you are just buying Diablo 3, you can play wherever you want. So you guys get to choose. Now what we will do is we will lock you down to a specific auction house, so for example if you are a European national you would have access to the European auction house. You will still be able to play in North America. You can participate in the gold auction house if you want, but you can only participate in the real money auction house of your native country [editor note: region]. [Another example] North American citizen, play anywhere, participate in the gold auction house anywhere, but the RMAH only in North America.

Do they share a "global character storage", let's say can I bring my lvl60 barb I created in the US server and play in the Europe server? Or they are separated?
Reply Quote
Doubt it, but this is amazing that people can do this!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
That is amazing.
Reply Quote
Good good good, because I have a gaming group I have met, and a great many of them live in Europe. Playing World of Warcraft with them is impossible for me since I have an NA account. I have to settle for, well, other games.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
So does this mean for SEA people, they can set their RMAH to North America, and then play their character on both SEA and North America?

I do know that SEA people can play on either servers, but does this mean they can choose which RMAH they use?
Reply Quote
So does this mean for SEA people, they can set their RMAH to North America, and then play their character on both SEA and North America?

I do know that SEA people can play on either servers, but does this mean they can choose which RMAH they use?

I might even think that RMAH won't exist in SEA, I think we're the only region with so many different currency.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
10/28/2011 01:46 AMPosted by progz
Doubt it, but this is amazing that people can do this!

Yeah, lag is going to soooo amazing, hope this will be like SC2 where only long distance connector themselves will suffer the most.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]