Diablo® III

Truly Unique Items. Come on guys...

11/05/2011 02:54 AMPosted by Toiletmonstr
I'd rather have uninteresting but useful stats than fancy stats such as "5% chance to spawn level 2 charged bolt" or "10% chance to spawn level 1 skeleton" which are practically useless

Yes you are right, "10% chance to spawn level 1 skeleton" is practically useless, good thing it was never in D2.

5% chance to cast level 10 Life Tap on striking
5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
cannot be frozen
+10-15% to Lightning Skill Damage
-15-20% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
10% Chance of Crushing Blow

compared to what we see now

20-30 attack
20-30 precision
20-30 defense
20-30 vitality

hmmmmm
Edited by D3BETA on 12/28/2011 8:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
as i said in a different post you could have:
The Sword of Saurfang
+1% chance to cast Cleave killing everything around you
flavor text would be: Its old owner decided he needed a bigger sword to match his awesomeness
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
12/08/2011 06:35 PMPosted by Shiver
It would also make pvp a lot tougher to balance.

Blizzard has no intentions of balancing pvp at all, as it sits it's not balanced, or supposed to be for that matter, for release. It could eventually go the way of wow when they said the same thing, if enough people want it they may try, but not any time soon.

More on topic, I think that if they made it like a super rare affix roll in order to get them, it would be good on rare items, or something like that, but have it be an affix that gets rolled on all on its own.

So say you get an item drop of the propery quality to get this, say level requirement of at least 55, it does an additional roll after determining stats that adds an EXTRA effect onto it.

Or, make them super rare patterns for your enchanter, and make them class specific (or even account, don't really like this, but stating it for example of what I mean.) At a super incredibly hard to get materials for it, also that only drop from inferno.

Personally, while I like these kinds of items, because they make the game a little interesting. I tended to not use them, because the raw stats off other drops helped more for my guaranteed damage. Although the ones that worked on my hireling, I loved to give him that stuff. So, while I like the idea, I'm not against the way it seems it will be now, because to me loosing these effects not being in the game is evened out by the enchanter, because its a little more customizable if not exciting like random procs or something.

And I also agree that there is already so much customization in the game, builds that seem viablo from what we can see pop up more and more every day, that are never 100% the same, and that's exciting to me.
Reply Quote
I think this could be heavily steam-lined. non essential abilities is a waste of time.
while fixed properties only found on a particular item can de-value the rest.

perhaps a small list of special affixes that only spawn on the legendary.
[would suggest +n values that do not scale, so as to be come obsolete should level cap rise.]

bleed/open wound DoTs
toxins that accelerate where the final tick is the majority of the damage.
armor penetration / depletion
resistance penetration / depletion
absorption shield procs
temporary disarm
faster missile travel
regen debuffing
splitting static values of damage with the party members in range
+/- 50% size alteration
blindness on hit (PvE only..)
bonus damage vs undead/demons/beasts (prob in game actually)
ctc% on kill,exploding corpse
ctc% on dodge, attacker takes damage

endless ideas

Reply Quote
Items like Shadowmourne, yes have very cool unique abilities. I agree anything like that that truly sets it apart would always be welcome! I don't know what D3s items will be like, since I don't want spoilers for myself and I don't browse any items. I'd rather wait until I see them in game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
etc. et cetera

Some procs were completely worthless in D2. But I loved something like The Reapers polearm with 33% for decrp. Or the torch's Firestorm. Even frost nova is somewhat useful not so much for inflicting damage but to briefly slow the attack speed of mobs.

I really wouldn't mind seeing those come back. There ain't nothin like seeing you fury druid pop a spell off every once in a while.

I'll really be a bit disappointed if Crushing blow and Open wounds do not make a return.
I would like to see the addition of a Sunder Armor. 15% chance to sunder armor on hit. Its kind of like some of the -25% target armor or Ignore target armor modifers. I don't know the best way to implement it - either lasts a set period of time or stacks only 3 times -15%/25%/30% or something else to that effect.

I don't know if they will return to D3 because they only really useful for melee.

Some wow trinket like effects might be cool. LIke Vial of Shadows chance for melee/ranged to trigger additional attack for x amount
Edited by Caylvan on 1/8/2012 7:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
It would be cool if only Legendary items all gave a randomly generated rune effect. It would be a worthless addition unless you get a really good combination making the AH and RMAH a very, very useful addition to these really rare, but powerful combinations.

The exception would be that class specific items could only have class specific rune effects.
All classes have an equal amount (3) class items.

This would make it easier to get your class items rune effects while making it quite difficult to get the remaining items rune effects.

Example:
Legendary Heavy Armor /w Crimson Rune of Meteor
Legendary Light Sword /w Indigo Rapid Shot
Legendary Medium Boots /w Alabaster Seismic Slam
Legendary Witch Doctor Mojo /w Obsidian Locust Swarm (Class specific items get Class Specific Runes)

Point Being:
You can improve the rune system you already have in place by allowing us to have multiple rune effects of the same skill or multiple rune effects on multiple skills making us feel more heroic. It will be incredibly impressive to see a fellow hero decked in multiple legendaries all with applicable runes allowing us to have an impressive feeling of "Woah, did you see that guy!?" It will also allow for more randomly generated and highly sought after Legendaries. This will make legendary items stand out above your average item.

It will also allow the many of us who seek the perfect gear something to aim for or dream of.
Edited by Zbomb on 1/9/2012 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
for all the WOW players :Cursed Staff: 5% chance to turn you into a sheep for 10 seconds granting you massive amounts of health regeneration.

:Staff of Ages: Makes your hero older reducing armor and health by 25% but doubling all damage dealt

:Gharbad the Weak: 10% chance to cast fear when struck.

:Zhar the Mad: 2% chance on striking you go into a frenzy rage increasing damage by 300% and armor by 100% but lose control of your character for 10 seconds.

All of these items would have other modifiers on them (obviously) and would by dropped as legendaries.
Reply Quote
I really hope that legendary items will really deserve that name LEGENDARY. Unique skills and stats on them are a MUST. For example, a really nice legend doll or weapon on my witch doc which has a chance to cast one more zombie dog whenever I cast a spell. Items like that would be the sugar in my tea :)

I very apprechiated the D2 item system, where boots (also low level ones) had +30% faster run, or weapons had +40% attack speed. So a really big boost with only one item. What I can see in D3 beta is +9% movement speed and what can I say ummmmmm 9% isn't that much... why not 20% or 30% as in D2?

Oh, and I also hope for LOTS OF legendary items for low level chars too, with a good drop chance :) So we can wear them in lower levels before we find better ones in higher levels.
Reply Quote
I challenge blizzard to make the item variety so varied that it makes the customization of the rune system look like a small number (97bil or something), that even if everyone who will ever play the game rolled the same class no two players would have identical sets of items even with the auction houses(unless they went for sets/legs). Threads like this are gold mines for ideas for various item mods. I really hope blizzard realizes how core the item system is to this game and just adds more item mods over time as they are thought of by devs or suggested by the players/fans. That way as time goes on after release the item variety will increase exponentialy and create the most diverse game ever realesed when it comes to player customization.
Reply Quote
11/05/2011 12:05 AMPosted by Mface
-You no longer regenerate Arcane Power Passively, instead skills which hit 3 or more targets generate an amount of AP equal either to their AP cost or double the amount they would have normally generated.

*BOSS FIGHT*
[Meteor]
[Meteor]
[Shoots wand]
[Shoots wand]
[Shoots wand]
[Shoots wand]

Man, I need that skill!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
01/05/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Sasukekun
It would also make pvp a lot tougher to balance.

Blizzard has no intentions of balancing pvp at all, as it sits it's not balanced, or supposed to be for that matter, for release. It could eventually go the way of wow when they said the same thing, if enough people want it they may try, but not any time soon.

More on topic, I think that if they made it like a super rare affix roll in order to get them, it would be good on rare items, or something like that, but have it be an affix that gets rolled on all on its own.

So say you get an item drop of the propery quality to get this, say level requirement of at least 55, it does an additional roll after determining stats that adds an EXTRA effect onto it.

Or, make them super rare patterns for your enchanter, and make them class specific (or even account, don't really like this, but stating it for example of what I mean.) At a super incredibly hard to get materials for it, also that only drop from inferno.

Personally, while I like these kinds of items, because they make the game a little interesting. I tended to not use them, because the raw stats off other drops helped more for my guaranteed damage. Although the ones that worked on my hireling, I loved to give him that stuff. So, while I like the idea, I'm not against the way it seems it will be now, because to me loosing these effects not being in the game is evened out by the enchanter, because its a little more customizable if not exciting like random procs or something.

And I also agree that there is already so much customization in the game, builds that seem viablo from what we can see pop up more and more every day, that are never 100% the same, and that's exciting to me.

thats your prerogative, of course, and it would certainly just blend you in with the lot who want stat mathematics to create balance and determine skill. this is why wow went down the drain in terms of diversity of skills, since everybody that plays the same spec has to use the same skills and the same gear and the same rotations on the same bosses or against the same classes in PvP.

there should be a fair amount of choice in this matter because diablo has always been so much more arcade and dungeon-crawling in spirit..to try and rein in the gameplay mechanics through simplification of stat balancing by only itemization is tempting a repeat of WotLK if you ask me.

short and skinny: add in some class balancing items based on stats and "guaranteed damage" ability bonuses, and have some unique items that are *unique*, and of course throw in the odd IK glow or "Your Whirlwind ability now causes the air to tear around you, blasting enemies for X lightning damage and knocking them back."
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Really liking the direction this thread is going. Good ideas with abilities
Reply Quote
I disagree, they are fine as they are and have been.
Reply Quote
I agree.
Legendary items should be UNIQUE and LEGENDARY.
This isn't mean should be stronger than rare items. Just unique.
Reply Quote
I believe the announcement of the collectors edition already shined some light on what some items may do.
Buying the collectors edition allows you to look like Tyreal. So I can only imagine what else they have planned already.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]