Diablo® III

Diablo III will be released January 17, 2012

(Locked)

85 Worgen Death Knight
It's hard to think that if they are close to being finished with the game, that its going to take 5 months to release if it is March. Fine tuning is from what we have gathered is left, I don't see how that will take 4+ months. February could be a good target month, but January 17th could be a reliable date if it was going to be out in November as being 1st intended month of release.

Hoping for Jan 17th though, 3 days after my birthday!!!
10/27/2011 01:29 PMPosted by Vazarus
and only push it back 3.5 weeks?

Or, you know, for those of us who didn't flunk out of basic math, it's closer to 8 weeks.
31 Night Elf Hunter
It's hard to think that if they are close to being finished with the game, that its going to take 5 months to release if it is March. Fine tuning is from what we have gathered is left, I don't see how that will take 4+ months. February could be a good target month, but January 17th could be a reliable date if it was going to be out in November as being 1st intended month of release.

Hoping for Jan 17th though, 3 days after my birthday!!!

This. Saw a quote from Blizzcon where they said the game itself was basically done. All they're doing now is a little fine tuning, and working on servers and Battle.net.
10/27/2011 01:29 PMPosted by Vazarus
You really think they would decide its not ready in 2011 and only push it back 3.5 weeks? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Try 6 months. Bit of an exaggeration, but I'm highly doubtful of seeing this in stores in January.

And from what I've seen of your posts, you're kind of an idiot, so, y'know.
January 17 is what he said ign says march 31 and gamestop has march 1

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/diablo-iii-collectors-edition/97853
Release Date 3/1/2012

http://pc.ign.com/index/release.html
Diablo III (Collector's Edition)
Blizzard Ent... Mar 31, 2012
Action RPG

and blizzard fine tuning could be anything from finding the correct shape for an item to character skill tree to even a last min change in a boss action. :) Lets just play this one by ear because no one has any date that matches anything else. Lets just wait until we come to this site and see in big letters mm/dd/yy from blizzard then i will set a calender date.
Please look at my thread called IT DOESNT HAVE A SET RELEASE DATE YET. MARCH 1st/MARCH 2nd is only a placeholder date because when you preorder something, it has to have a date listed. They will change it when Blizzard announces when it;s coming out.

Also, guy trying to act like a smartass: Blizzard I believe said the game was targeted for the christmas season. So 4 weeks, not 8.
Please look at my thread called IT DOESNT HAVE A SET RELEASE DATE YET. MARCH 1st/MARCH 2nd is only a placeholder date because when you preorder something, it has to have a date listed. They will change it when Blizzard announces when it;s coming out.

Also, guy trying to act like a smartass: Blizzard I believe said the game was targeted for the christmas season. So 4 weeks, not 8.

Jay Wilson said in his interviews targeted for December, and earlier before that they aimed at November. So you're wrong as well. Nobody's right on this and whatever anyone else says is a release date can be as correct or false as the next person.

Jay Wilson said in his interviews targeted for December, and earlier before that they aimed at November. So you're wrong as well. Nobody's right on this and whatever anyone else says is a release date can be as correct or false as the next person.

you are wrong to the have also stated that it wont release this year and that the are shooting for q1 in 2012 and jay said that they will be shipping sooner then people think and sense q1 in only the first 3 moths of 2012 january 17 does seem like it could be a release date
Blizzard didn't delete this thread.

Therefore it's not valid

Great argument.

Sigh, just when I thought this thread was dead, BAM shoots to the top again.
highly rated but watch it will not be that day, it will prolly be the day after :D
55 Blood Elf Hunter
If they deleted it it would be telling everyone the release date!
I hope this is accurate but it's that Blizzard always gets the last say to these kind of things :))
100 Blood Elf Mage
First some safe assumptions to make. 1) Being that you have to have a decent window to advertise the game after release date is announced. 2) people usual know the games release date 2-3 months on average before release (always exceptions). Saying that they better announce it soon or i really doubt Jan is going to be the month. Tho i really wish this is true. I got the urge to play so bad.
Edited by Marsulis on 10/28/2011 3:16 AM PDT
was d3 help back for twinks and/or filler for blizzcon? lol and hope the date its true but not gonna hold my breath gives me something to look forward to at least
IMO I truly believe the game could be ready before 2012 but Blizzard needs a big release for 2012 for their investors. It is about money, and I am sure the game will see more fine tuning in the process.
Already preordered my CE copy and im foaming at the mouth for this damn game.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]