Diablo® III

Diablo III will be released January 17, 2012

(Locked)

4 Troll Rogue
10/22/2011 09:03 AMPosted by Baalrogg
January 17th is the day my next semester of college starts. I hope it doesn't come out then, that's about one of the only days I'm not willing to skip for D3.

It's all about you.
10/22/2011 10:06 AMPosted by Finakkal
It's all about you.

You're damn right it is.
While I think that this email is probably legit, it was also written back when Blizzard still expected Diablo to be ready for holiday, so things could've changed. That said, maybe this January thing IS the fallback date.
I'm going to say.... 70% possible.

Mostly because his blog DID get pulled down in March after he spilled all the beans about the Diablo 3 August update.
Edited for spam.
Edited by Jacka on 1/4/2012 12:50 AM PST
The information here seems to be very legit.

Since the time stamp for an embedded image cannot be edited, the image is obviously not photoshopped.

The embedded image says this information was uploaded 2 months ago,

I'd say this is real. It looks real, it smells real.
Edited by Derp on 10/22/2011 3:02 PM PDT
I hope it's true since the 17th of January is my B-day. A collectors edition of D3 would make a fine present.
I doubt it's true because it's original release date (November 24) would have been a Thursday http://imgur.com/TM5Qr?tags

if it's first date is fake odds are it's just nothing more then a guess mixed with some rumors (and probably some photoshop but I'm not going to get in on that argument)
I doubt it's true because it's original release date (November 24) would have been a Thursday http://imgur.com/TM5Qr?tags

if it's first date is fake odds are it's just nothing more then a guess mixed with some rumors (and probably some photoshop but I'm not going to get in on that argument)

Diablo 2: LOD was released on a friday.

What's your point?
Edited by Derp on 10/22/2011 3:57 PM PDT
Uploaded 5 hours ago.

Shopped.

Someone posted this on Reddit, which has integration with Imgur and somehow overrode it. I removed the ?tag thing from the link, so it'll now show the original picture and original time stamp.

So which one is right? August or today.
I'll gladly accept this speculated release date of January over blizzards "soon" release date until I hear otherwise.
85 Human Mage
Uploaded 5 hours ago.

Shopped.

First link says uploaded 2 months ago. Nuff said.
Sounds quite plausible, take it with a grain of salt though!
The image was uploaded 2 months ago. The info about WoW was 100% real, so if they keep in mind the same release date, we have it :)
I would be happy of that because I will enter to the Police Academy in February. If it's released after then, I won't be able to play it much, just a few hours during the weekends :(
Diablo II was released on June 29, 2000 which was a Thursday.

Wrath of the Lich King was released on November 13, 2008 which was also a Thursday

10/22/2011 03:55 PMPosted by Derp
Diablo 2: LOD was released on a friday.

I never really paid much attention to blizzards release date but it's fairly standard for games to come out on a tuesday (granted this isn't always the case so there are exceptions) but your posts made me look up some of blizzards release dates and with a quick look only two of their games have ever been released on a tuesday (quite odd)

Oh well guess ya learn something new everyday
If you just look at the timeframes from beta release to the actual release dates of past Blizzard games you start to see a trend. If my sources are right:-

Wrath of the Lich King - 120 days
Catacylsm - 160 days
Starcraft 2 - 160 days

Therefore if I was to place an educated guess going off the beta release date of the 20th September 2011, Diablo 3 would be released either:-

120 days - 18 January 2012
160 days - 27 February 2012

If I'm right I'm take a copy of the D3 collector's edition, thanks Blizz. If I'm wrong, we wait longer.
Feb 27th seems too late to me,

If blizzard said the game will release earlier than people think(and a lot of people think late february early march)

then feb 27th wouldn't be earlier than people think, it would be right spot on.

the week of january 21st sounds the most logical, with January 17th being the most common date thrown around(if diablo 3 releases on a tuesday that is)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]