Diablo® III

What will you name your DH?

11/04/2011 09:07 AMPosted by Auronaku
all goofy-looking names make me roll my eyes. I actually prefer to use names that actually look believeable for the setting in Diablo 3. But parody names actually annoy me.

Since "goofy-looking" is subjective and since you can't possibly know the scope of all names that would be believable in the Diablo Universe, I scoff at you.
Reply Quote
Actually if you want to be taken seriously in a Diablo 3 game then don't use dumb names, period.

I actually prefer to play with people who actually use believable names, though. parody names make me think of trollers and bots, periods.
Reply Quote
I generally use names I deem appropriate however, I tend to avoid annoying people but not by name, since that's retarded, I tend to do by the way the person actually acts. I've had plenty of silly names in the past and have met wonderful and/or amazing people that have had silly names, it's safe to say your preference is horrible.
Reply Quote
You should be a little more... open minded, Aruo. Anybody who has looked at my post record here on the D3 forums would probably see me as a constructive individual (or, at least, somebody who tries to be constructive. You may not see me as such, but eh, to each their own), and I'll probably name my barb something related to a kitten, or my WD something related to his personal taste in... necrotics.... Hey, I might even name my monk something related to DBZ (like "TallKuririn" or "Baldgeta").
Reply Quote
understood. but more often parody names are associated with trolls and spambots.
Reply Quote
I usually go for names that are just a bit too earthly and would stand out in gaming worlds for just that fact.

Names such as Emily, Abigail, Jerry or Harper.

It can make people smile without them really knowing why, picture a female Barbarian called Taylor for instance.
Reply Quote
Female - Aries

Already using it
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
11/04/2011 09:07 AMPosted by Auronaku
all goofy-looking names make me roll my eyes. I actually prefer to use names that actually look believeable for the setting in Diablo 3. But parody names actually annoy me.

I only use them for male characters, I based female characters on crushes I've had.

<--- Like this one.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
SamNDean- male
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net:80/d3/en/forum/topic/3530365459

The story I'm currently writing
Reply Quote
thebombdotcom

hateplow
Reply Quote
Female DH named ( . Y . ) 'n' (_|_)
Edited by Sidivan on 11/10/2011 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/10/2011 11:13 AMPosted by Sidivan
Female DH named ( . Y . ) 'n' (_|_)

I doubt if Blizzard will allow names like yours. It's pushing the boundaries of what is apprioriate and what is not. If I guess correctly, names like the one up here will be disallowed.
Reply Quote
7 Human Warlock
Breauxmance
Reply Quote
James or St. James<br /><br />Yes my name is James in real life :)

Or maybe GodSpeed, sounds cool.
Edited by James on 11/26/2011 9:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
vayne( lol reference)
Reply Quote
SaemonHavarian
Reply Quote
Buffy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]