Diablo® III

Lore Question: Leah' Uncle?

90 Orc Death Knight
I love Diablo's storyline and setting yet I have not read the books and just want something a little cleared up.

Is it confirmed that Leah is the DAUGHTER of Aiden (The Dark Wanderer)? I swore I thought Cain was her UNCLE. If that were true, that makes Aiden and Cain brothers.

If Cain and Leah have no relation, who the hell is her uncle she mentions? It would have to be Aiden's Brother. Who I thought his ONLY brother was lured and killed in Diablo 1 by Lazarus?

So who is uncle? What am I missing?
Reply Quote
I believe he is Uncle only due to adopting her. Cain and Adria are not related in any sense from what I know. Often people use terms such as Uncle or Aunt as a title given to close family friends.
Reply Quote
When Leonard Boyarsky (Lead world designer for Diablo III) was on the DIRECTV BlizzCon table and was asked about Leah being Cain's niece he respond: "She’s not technically her niece, she just calls him uncle."

So that should resolve the issue.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Based on what I've seen from the beta, Cain is Leah's uncle. That's all I know.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Blizzard have changed a little of the plot regarding thw warrior of
Diablo1, or Aiden. From Now ON, They are the same person, therefor:

Warrior=Ainden=Eldest Son of Leoric
Cain = Leah's Uncle

Where the hell did u read that Aiden would be Leah's Father ????
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock

Cain = Leah's Uncle

There's a lot of dialog/lore in the beta that alludes to this possibility.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
When Leonard Boyarsky (Lead world designer for Diablo III) was on the DIRECTV BlizzCon table and was asked about Leah being Cain's niece he respond: "She’s not technically her niece, she just calls him uncle."

So that should resolve the issue.

To me, this does make the most sense... but didn't see this Q&A.

Cain = Leah's Uncle

Every other thread says Leah is the daughter of Aiden. However, I haven't seen any proof of this, hence why I asked the question. They all say since shes his daughter, that she is the feminine Diablo figure everyone's talking about. However, I think that is far too easy of a plot for Blizzard... it won't be that easy to figure out.

Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
In the lore discussion video with Leonard Boyarsky he says Leah's father was a warrior that disappeared from Tristram when the demons invaded and Tristram fell. It's a pretty big possibility that Ainden is Leah's father considering the dark wanderer was a warrior, which might be why Cain has shown interest in her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSPyFD7Xj1E&feature=related You can see the video here at 2:35 he talks about Leah.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

In the lore discussion video with Leonard Boyarsky he says Leah's father was a warrior that disappeared from Tristram when the demons invaded and Tristram fell. It's a pretty big possibility that Ainden is Leah's father considering the dark wanderer was a warrior, which might be why Cain has shown interest in her.

Looking at this, it makes a lot of sense for Leah to be the daughter of the hero from the first game. Taking into account that the warrior class from the first game was a resident of Tristram before leaving on a crusade against a neighboring nation at the behest of King Leoric, it's safe to assume that he had a relationship of some sort that would have produced a child before the events of the first game even occurred. As well, your character in the first game spends a great deal of time speaking with Cain for various quest reasons and the identification of magical objects. It's safe to assume that Cain and Aiden (my character wasn't named Aiden, but w/e) would have been close not only on a professional level, but also as friends or maybe even to the point of thinking of each other as family. It's not a far stretch to see the daughter of the hero of the first game to think of Cain as a sort of uncle. My family does that with close friends that aren't related (not that my family life is indicative of every one else's norms...). Besides, what better motivation would Leah have for delving into the lore and practices of demons than to either find a way to save her once beloved father. She would have been in a position to witness his fall from grace as he was tormented psychologically and emotionally shortly before he was tricked into taking Diablo's soul stone unto himself and becoming a permanent vehicle for the Lord of Terror and the harbinger of three Prime Evils. I'm sure she's either searching for his salvation, or revenge. Studying under her "Uncle" Cain would also be an excellent springboard for her personal quest.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Look at Leah's D3 wiki, child of the D1 hero and adria
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Oh, and her wikia also mentions that Adria IS Cain's sister.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Really? Can u post the link to this info? i couldnt find it.
If its true, so it must be the confirmation that Blizzard changed the lore because a while back, they said that Leah wasnt blood related to Cain, and that she was just raised by him, like if she was adopted.

And if Aiden is brother of Cain, so Leoric must have 2 thousand years hauhauhauha
And Cain wwould be Leoric's Son too!
And Also Aiden should have been from the Horadrim!
Wow so many plot changes...
Reply Quote
Shoothain's source from http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Leah. (Too many Diablo wikis to hunt across! Ugh.) "Leah is the daughter of Adria the Witch and Aiden (Dark Wanderer, and Warrior from Diablo 1). Given that Aiden is the elder son of Leoric, this means that Leah is Leoric's grand daughter. It was also revealed in the Beta that Cain is Adria's brother, making Leah Cain's niece."

Oie, no lore changes happen since Blizzcon, but while somebody been crudely posting these new background revelations (Cain, Adira, Leah, Aiden) facts most* it still nevertheless matter speculation.

What is known Leah is simply Adria's daughter and of a "great warrior who was lost when Tristram fell to demons,” Deckard Cain adopted her for whatever guardianship cause, and is been affectionately calls "uncle"* by Leah since.

1st * Aiden/Dark Wanderer being Leah's father and his debated relation with Adria.
2nd * "She’s not technically her niece, she just calls him uncle."
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
SO the diablowikia is wrong, right? or do they have better info than us?
Cuz the post above is contraditory.
Wikia says Cain is Adria's Brother, and therefore, Leah's Uncle.
Blue posts by the forums says Cain "adopted" her, and only that she is the daughter of "a great warrior"....

So maybe the blue posted some unprecise info and the wikia is right?
Reply Quote
It's very possible Deckard's brother Herman might have fathered her.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Yeah, wiki says their blood related, but blizz dont....
i prefer to believe BLizz cuz i didnt see anything stating that Adria was Cain's Brother in anywhere else, and besides, she would have to be a "second" last of the horradrim as well lol
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Adria is Decard Cain's sister and Aiden/Dark Wanderer is her father. He became the Dark Wanderer after consuming Diablo's soulstone in a feeble attempt to contain his evil in Diablo I. Decard raised Leah because Adria was presumed dead, but will make an appearance in Diablo 3. Watch the lore panel from Blizzcon 2011 it mentions all of that, and plus some hints to the storyline of Diablo 3
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Adria and Deckard are NOT RELATED!!!!! Leah is Cains adopted Uncle...

DECKARD CAIN ADOPTED LEAH!!!!!!!! THEY HAVE NO BLOOD RELATION AT ALL!

Don't trust wiki's there a terrible source...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]