Diablo® III

Inferno Isn't going to work as intended

(Locked)

A level 60+ zone where all acts can drop the same loot. Jay said that the best place to find loot was going to be "Rares and Champs".

Ok here is the problem with that: I am going to find the easiest place in inferno with lots of rares and champs and farm it.
Den of the fallen for instance seems to have rares in it.
I am not going to kill bosses that are much more difficult and fun because they drop the same loot.

There will be no reason to play more difficult content. This is a problem.
No we won't have endless Azmodan runs anymore, but we will have endless runs to certain easy to find dungeons with easy mobs.

sure act I monsters will have the same level as act 4 monsters BUT they have much easier mechanics so people will do runs on them.

This system doesn't encourage us to do random content, it encourages us to do the easiest content with rares in inferno.

Blizzard spends so much time on boss mechanics and then makes it so it makes no sense to repeatedly kill bosses.

EDIT:
Bosses will probably still have a better chance to drop nicer items than a regular enemy, but champions and rares are set to have an even better chance.

The goal, of course, is that with Inferno as a flat difficulty (all enemies are the same level) you should be able to go anywhere you like to get items, meaning not just rushing to bosses. To encourage that further, the randomized champions and rares that appear out in the world will have the best chance to drop good items, encouraging exploration and also feeding some of that *gasp!* feeling you get when you see one, and then another *gasp!* when items drop. Bosses tend to only have that second moment, and it's generally devalued over time due to the repetition.

I think some could argue that they want to have very systematic ways to grind out item drops, and I think we would argue that the vast majority of people do not.

posted by bashiok

So blizzard is trying to encourage us to do more randomized content. If I want to kill bosses to get my loot shouldn't I be able to? Why penalize players who want to run bosses as well as random content why not make everything equal?
Edited by Cheesy on 10/27/2011 2:18 PM PDT
intended*

Edit: Also I think they have said that they will be monitoring how people farm Inferno and make adjustments accordingly.
Edited by Arkx on 10/26/2011 10:56 AM PDT
85 Orc Warrior
and your keyboard isn't working as intended.
I'm going to go all over the act just because I can.
OP, how did you become so smart??? You've seen what no one else could. I hope Blizzard reads this post and it opens their blind eyes.

It certainly encourages us to farm random places more than D2 did so it's a step in the right direction. Frankly even if there is one specific spot that turns out to be theoretically the best I'm still going to play through my favorite places instead.
It's just like they said about viable versus optimal builds. There may be some optimal farming spots, but they shouldn't be light years beyond the next best place. If the differences are small enough, you can go find the funnest place for you to farm. If one area is too good, they'll nerf it.
90 Night Elf Druid
You are assuming that act 1 inferno mobs will share the same mechanics as act 1 normal mobs. I think that's probably not a good assumption to make.
You don't think they wont have random spawns of bosses? kinda like D2? If they really want people to go out and hunt, they will nerf the drop rate from bosses that always appear in one specific location and up the drop rate of the ones that randomly appear anywhere.

Good luck finding a spot to farm when the bosses spawn randomly
Edited by Zilla on 10/26/2011 11:00 AM PDT
You are assuming that act 1 inferno mobs will share the same mechanics as act 1 normal mobs. I think that's probably not a good assumption to make.

no i'm not.

Jay also said that things like monster awareness will be boosted for later difficulties.

But theres only so much you can do to make a slow zombie difficult.
10/26/2011 10:56 AMPosted by Cacophony
It's just like they said about viable versus optimal builds. There may be some optimal farming spots, but they shouldn't be light years beyond the next best place. If the differences are small enough, you can go find the funnest place for you to farm. If one area is too good, they'll nerf it.

I hope this is true.
85 Goblin Death Knight
sure act I monsters will have the same level as act 4 monsters BUT they have much easier mechanics so people will do runs on them.

You're making an assumption. I don't see why the act 1 mobs would be easier than act 4 mobs in inferno difficulty. If everything is mlvl 61, there seems to be no reason you won't get your !@# handed to you equally in act 1 or 4.
Blizzard is fully aware that there will be more optimal places to farm than others... they just want all the areas to be viable. We'll see if they succeed or not. I have faith in Blizzard, they've got a good track record of making sweet games.
10/26/2011 10:59 AMPosted by Ashkandi
You're making an assumption. I don't see why the act 1 mobs would be easier than act 4 mobs in inferno difficulty. If everything is mlvl 61, there seems to be no reason you won't get your !@# handed to you equally in act 1 or 4.

A zombie in D2 was intrinsically easier than a burning soul.

Have they stated somewhere that act 1 inferno mobs will have the same drop rate and loot as act 4 inferno mobs?... Seems a little silly. Seems like there should be some difference in the acts to make different reasons for farming each one.
90 Worgen Hunter
FoE
So will players farm the easiest place? Or the place with the most rare and unique monsters? You claim both in the OP, but who thinks they will actually be the same place?

I think blizz wants some people to go to the easiest place, some to go to the place with the most rares/uniques, some to go somewhere that is a mix of the former two and some to just go to their favorite area.
85 Goblin Death Knight
10/26/2011 11:01 AMPosted by Cheesy

A zombie in D2 was intrinsically easier than a burning soul.

They were also a much lower monster level, even in Hell. Inferno has all monsters across all acts at an equal monster level. So they could very well have fast zombies with multiple enchantments and be quite difficult with how Inferno plays out.

I see what you're saying, and yes in D2 that was the case, but I'm thinking that D3 will surprise us all when we get to Inferno.
10/26/2011 11:04 AMPosted by Tastymanwich
So will players farm the easiest place? Or the place with the most rare and unique monsters? You claim both in the OP, but who thinks they will actually be the same place?

Its not going to be a same place you want to optimize:

Minimize difficulty
Maximize rares

This will be based off of characters.
I hope all Rares you come across are Physically and Magically Immune just to spite you and prove you wrong. People will complain about everything, it's human nature I suppose.

(Yes I know immunes are out)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]