Diablo® III

Inferno Isn't going to work as intended

(Locked)

10/26/2011 02:34 PMPosted by Kerplode
It's called drop chances. I'm going to go ahead and just say that most likely the further you progress in the acts, the higher chance of certain drops you'll have.

not true thats the point of inferno mode. A difficulty that's always hard and diminishes "runs"

Every monster in Inferno is higher than 60 this means all of them can drop the best items in the game regardless of what act your in.
Why are you so dumb OP?
sure the rares and champs can drop good gears but at what %??
bosses are for sure have higher chances of dropping rares and uniques.
Just like in D2 u can farm pits and cow for high level gears and runes, but bosses like Baal will always drop at least 1 unique, while farming pit for 5-10 runs will not net u anything depends on ur luck

Jay wilson specifically said the best loot will come from rares and champs.

How about you read before you ignorantly insult people.
85 Dwarf Paladin
I think its funny how you think you know exactly how the game is going to turn out before release...

not true thats the point of inferno mode. A difficulty that's always hard and diminishes "runs"

Every monster in Inferno is higher than 60 this means all of them can drop the best items in the game regardless of what act your in.

However, drop rates can be tuned, and rares/champs/bosses may drop different items than normal enemies, too. A zombie in act one may have a chance to drop everything in the game...but a rare may have a hundred times that chance, and a more complex enemy in Act 4 may have twice the chance as the act 1 zombie, making them about equivalent in terms of loot efficiency.

I don't think this simple observation that inferno drop rates need tuning has escaped Blizzard.
10/26/2011 06:35 PMPosted by Nomad
These are very slow enemies and they do not react quickly nor are very agile

Which totally isn't true for Inferno difficulty.

How dumb are you guys, seriously. Even with the Blizzcon video showing the 3 starting Zombies kicking the crap out of the mass geared Monk you guys still think everything's going to be easypeasy.

That clip didn't show off the speed of the zombies. All we saw was the monk charging to melee the zombies and getting owned. The zombies didn't JUMP from across the screen onto the player.
10/26/2011 07:43 PMPosted by chcknsnack
How dumb are you guys, seriously. Even with the Blizzcon video showing the 3 starting Zombies kicking the crap out of the mass geared Monk you guys still think everything's going to be easypeasy.

Nowhere did anyone say inferno was going to be easy. People are going to find the easiest spots to farm based on their characters because all monsters can drop the same loot. Its not that hard to understand.
wtf does random mean to you people...

Don't think you think they will make those rares and champs pop up in random places?

90 Troll Druid
10/26/2011 07:47 PMPosted by Cheesy

Nowhere did anyone say inferno was going to be easy. People are going to find the easiest spots to farm based on their characters because all monsters can drop the same loot. Its not that hard to understand.
That's a retraction if I ever saw one. You've gone from "OMG ACT 1 MOB IS SO INHERENTLY EASIER EVERYONE BE FARMING IT YO!" to "people will gravitate to the areas that they find easiest."
85 Gnome Warlock
intended*

Edit: Also I think they have said that they will be monitoring how people farm Inferno and make adjustments accordingly.

In this case, it would be safe to say we can farm the beginning of Inferno at start, and adjust ourselves accordingly to their adjustments lol
The whole point is to go where ever you wanted to and who said azmodan is the final boss
I'm guessing that the bosses will probably not drop better loot, but they will drop it more often. This seems like the best scenario to me.
first off The rares and champs prolly all have high drop rates while they are randomly spawned anywhere in the acts and they have a high chance for a good item while bosses haved a good rate you can still prolly farm the crap out of a boss but he wont drop the eite of elite as often and im sure act 4 rares and champs drop rate is more then likely increased also maybe certain acts drop certain types of weapons example: act 3 drops a grandfather while act4 drops grandfathers more often then 3. sorry this typing is bad im useing my phone and its rather hard to text this all
Edited by AutoMattic on 10/26/2011 8:47 PM PDT
MAN!!!! I don't give a sh I y T!! I just want it to be RELEASED already!!!
i agree, its funny how all of you know exactly what the game will be like when even blizzard doesnt have anything finished. i think blizzard will do the best they can and that the best blizzard can do will amaze me. now stop QQ and go play battlefield till d3 is out.
A level 60+ zone where all acts can drop the same loot. Jay said that the best place to find loot was going to be "Rares and Champs".

Ok here is the problem with that: I am going to find the easiest place in inferno with lots of rares and champs and farm it.
Den of the fallen for instance seems to have rares in it.
I am not going to kill bosses that are much more difficult and fun because they drop the same loot.

There will be no reason to play more difficult content. This is a problem.
No we won't have endless Azmodan runs anymore, but we will have endless runs to certain easy to find dungeons with easy mobs.

sure act I monsters will have the same level as act 4 monsters BUT they have much easier mechanics so people will do runs on them.

This system doesn't encourage us to do random content, it encourages us to do the easiest content with rares in inferno.

Blizzard spends so much time on boss mechanics and then makes it so it makes no sense to farm bosses.

Blizzard said they'll balance the content out. It won't be instant, it'll take some patching in time, but it will be done.

Your concerns have already been addressed.
maybe the best way to farm is to kill everything in the game from act1-act4 see i like that idea ( including the bosses)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]