Diablo® III

Inferno Isn't going to work as intended

(Locked)

Are you sure they meant that in terms of mobs in later acts giving more items?
1) drop the same loot does not mean drop the same loot at the same rate

2) people will always find the easiest way to farm items, so however they make the game there will always be people who will find the easiest / most efficient way to farm items and do it repeatedly
4 Troll Warrior
10/26/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Cheesy
You are assuming that act 1 inferno mobs will share the same mechanics as act 1 normal mobs. I think that's probably not a good assumption to make.

no i'm not.

Jay also said that things like monster awareness will be boosted for later difficulties.

But theres only so much you can do to make a slow zombie difficult.

well in normal not really but in inferno when theyv added bonuses to them like, increased speed,stone skin,lightning enchant and w/e else they are coming up with i think that act1 rare zombie mob will be quite hard, expecially considering they will be 61 or 62 and we will sit at 60
In the brief gameplay clips during the difficulty discussion, some people were getting tore up pretty good in rare / champ fights. It's not going to be that trivial.

As far as zombies being easier by nature, that's a large assumption for higher level difficulties. They stated you wont see some mechanics until later in the game, so there could be very nasty zombie only or inferno only mechanics that zombies have to crush you.
True champs know that "Inferno Runs" only count if you play through every act from start to finish every time.
OP, Your entire post hinges on the fact that the items in inferno wont scale. I think it would be a stupid to assume the quality of items you receive in act one inferno are just as good as act two inferno.

You, just like so many other people of the internet, take a single comment and blow it up with your own assumptions. Blizzard has been making quality games for a LONG time. Do you really think that you (one single game player) is able to think of and point out flaws and entire team of experienced quality game creators haven't already thought of?

I pop in and read these forums every morning to check out the buzz and the majority of what I see are people having spaz attacks because their blowing a single comment or idea out of proportion... Here's and Idea... I know its a serious stretch for some of you but bare with me... Wait till the game comes out before you pass judgment.
10/27/2011 07:34 AMPosted by Nilathek
expecially considering they will be 61 or 62 and we will sit at 60

In D2 All the monsters leading up to the ubers were 110. I don't know how the scaling works in D3 but at first glance 61 and 62 aren't very scary.
10/27/2011 08:07 AMPosted by Ajint
I think it would be a stupid to assume the quality of items you receive in act one inferno are just as good as act two inferno.

Dude this is already confirmed. Why would blizzard make act4 monsters drop better loot? Then we have the same problem as in D2: People only do runs in act 4 and 5.
So... You.... Didnt hear the whole part about... Inferno having THREE tiers of armor?

Where the farther you go (in the acts) you get better loot?

Yeah, farming the last act for rares will be easy mode... OH WAIT its randomly generated....

.... interesting....

Where you paying attention? The three tiers of armor he was describing were in terms or rarity not where they drop in the acts. They will drop in every act.

THEY DON'T WANT THIS GAME TO BE LIKE D2 were players only farm the later acts.
I predict server going offline for 2 months after launch cuz of 10+ million log ins day one.

Yeah, a *(&*#(& ton of people are gonna be hitting that on the first day

That better be the mother of all servers
10/27/2011 10:30 AMPosted by Oni
How do you defeat that which cannot log in...

Lol but also how do you kill that which has no life?
Yeah, a *(&*#(& ton of people are gonna be hitting that on the first day

That better be the mother of all servers

Was this sexual?

actually I see this being huge to casters and such.

This place is immune to arcane? You can bet your !@# a wizard will never bother with those places.

I understand you. that was D2.

in D3 inferno the mechanics for most (all?) mobs are different. so what i am telling you, is we cant really worry about it yet, as we dont know.

it would be like, a quill rat in normal shoots quills, but in inferno quill rats may shoot quills that pull you back into them then do a quill nova. where in d2 all quill rats only did one thing.

gonna be sweeeet =)

Those statements only applied to the randomly generated bosses and primarily just meant that rather than just a Plagued mob, you might have a Plagued, Electrified, Illusionist boss.

From what I've seen, they have never stated examples such as you have given.

There's so much constantly repeated bad info going on in these sorts of threads.

For example, people keep re-iterating that every mob in inferno will have the same level, which is very likely wrong. Granted it's often repeated because Jay's slides sometimes say text which is different than what he speaks.

It is frustrating when in the same speech, he will say "Max Level for monsters is level 61" and in another spot says, "The basic monsters that you face in inferno are all at least level 61". The latter strongly implying that monsters still have level ranges... just that at minimum they will be lvl 61.
Edited by Spiffytastic on 10/27/2011 10:56 AM PDT
they drop the same loot but the probability of dropping them will probably be different...i mean i can see blizzard letting a a damn zombie drop some powerful stuff the same amount as so interdimesional monstrosity with horns
I think act 1 inferno should have drop% a little higher for certain legendary items.. I think act 2 inferno should have a higher drop% for certain legendary items.. etc etc.. It would give players an incentive to play all acts in inferno but also would not necessarily restrict those items from dropping within other acts.

Every time you enter an Inferno game the drop equations for the act could change for instance some times the bosses will have a +500% for a rare drop other times a rare could have a bonus % for a drop.. Maybe even mark the monster with some kind of rare effect that you would know if you saw that effect that your chances for a good drop are higher for that particular mob.

seeing Inferno is a flat difficulty curb I think Blizzard should get a little more creative for the final act, as far as how drop% will work.

I think my solution or something similar would solve the inferno issue. If you know a certain area or monster for that particular play session will have a higher chance for a drop your going to play the whole act to find it.
Edited by Glsideways on 10/27/2011 12:45 PM PDT
90 Goblin Warlock
There's so much constantly repeated bad info going on in these sorts of threads.For example, people keep re-iterating that every mob in inferno will have the same level, which is very likely wrong.

Like this one... It has been said over and over by the game designers that all monsters will be level 61 none below none above.

Maybe you should actually listen instead of thinking you are an all mighty know it all!

Also the fact they said it differently changes nothing for me, As it was a question some one asked while at blizzcon and was stated there ALL monsters are level 61 even the bosses so I will believe them not your ignorant idea of it thinking it'll be different.
Edited by Nazárid on 10/27/2011 12:38 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]