Diablo® III

Playing D2 After Playing D3

I'm going to start by saying that I Played both Diablo and Diablo 2 a ton and loved them. Most recently I played about 6 or 7 months ago and it was just as good as i remember it.

I have been playing the Diablo 3 beta a bunch now, and with the Ladder reset i decided to go back and play some Diablo 2 while we wait for the D3 release. Its crazy how much I love the changes the devs have made for Diablo 3. I can't stand so much about Diablo 2 now... Every five minutes returning to town to sell things, clicking to pick up gold, running out of mana in early levels, needing to pw my sessions out of fear of griefers, etc...

This just goes to tell you how good of a Job Blizzard has done with Diablo 3, They just made me not want to play my favorite game of all time, Diablo 2, because Diablo 3 is so much better.

Thanks Blizzard! Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
My true hope is that gold is actually worth picking up (either manually or through an automated process, whatever...I just hope its actually worth something finally) in Diablo 3, that would be much more exciting than the gold that drops in D2, which is almost worthless.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure why you would still be worried about that prospect, Peacefuldude.

With the huge gold sinks in the crafting system as well as the GAH, I think they've got the gold value issue solved. Also, I haven't heard anything about there being such aggressive caps on currency like there was in D2. In fact, I don't think there's any cap at all now.
Edited by Pesty on 10/26/2011 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/26/2011 08:35 PMPosted by Peacefuldude
My true hope is that gold is actually worth picking up (either manually or through an automated process, whatever...I just hope its actually worth something finally) in Diablo 3, that would be much more exciting than the gold that drops in D2, which is almost worthless.

You need gold for:

-repairs
-crafting
-AH
-buying stash slots

Gold will be just as valuable as it is in WoW.
Reply Quote
My true hope is that gold is actually worth picking up (either manually or through an automated process,

You're correct, just walking over gold automatically picks it up.

...I just hope its actually worth something finally) in Diablo 3, that would be much more exciting than the gold that drops in D2, which is almost worthless.

You can SELL gold on the RMAH, I would say it's worth something. :p

@Dirty Sweet!
Reply Quote
You see, there is going to be this lovely thing called an auction house. IT IS AMAZING!...don't worry about the RMAH. No, you won't make a lot of money for a job. You'll be sorely disappointed if you think you will.
Reply Quote

Like they said on the gameplay panel, you are going to die a ton in Inferno. People were actually complaining it was a pain in the !@# to have enough gold to keep repaired. One player even complained it took them nearly an hour to down a boss.

It's going to be fine. With repairs, crafters, and of course the AH, you'll have plenty of ways to spend your gold.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
10/26/2011 09:18 PMPosted by Phoenix
Gold will be just as valuable as it is in WoW.

Much more so... Wow Gold is useless... Atleast to me =) I have gold cap on 6 toons. Buying the AH up and relisting is fun!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]