Diablo® III

pvp vs pve WHY

Ok.. I have been watching a lot of different threads all created about this very same topic.. However I have a different approach..

Why dont we just let the ppl that want pvp have their fun pvping all they want and let those of us who want to pve do what we want..

I dont see how almost EVERY pvper needs to try and base this whole game around its "failure" to allow pvp all over the place. I understand the need for some compitition awesome go for it.. however dont cry over the fact you cant join a game and go after everyone thats pveing and kill them while they fight the army of hell and loot their !@#$. no point.

as for the pve crowd.. stop %^-*!ing about pvp let the pvpers fight each other it doesnt hurt you. at all. unless you join in and then when you get your @#$ handed to you i guess that hurts..

pvp will not ruin or make the game. if it does for you than thats the part you play... stop complaining so much Blizzard has been working hard to bring us this far.. and they have always turned out with great stuff.

I am sure that they will give us ALL something to enjoy in this game.. but the nonsense needs to stop sometime.. so the PVP crowd shut up and wait for the game to continue complaining.. PVE crowd Shut up as well.. we will all play the game as we desire.. or we wont play at all i think thats where it ends up..

so for those of you who see it this way cool those of you that need to continue complaining im sorry but nothings going to be done about it right now.. maybe after the game is released and they want to get a bigger crowd on it they might add what you want in an expansion.. till then let everyone play...

Hardcore gamers... This game will get harder.. Its already harder than most of D2 on normal.. i love that. I cant wait till i beat the game on Inferno.. your choice weather to play the game as intended or enjoy it what ever way you are going to enjoy it..

please everyone just give blizzard a break. they wont let you down..

Vanten.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, your perspective on that issue is neither different nor fresh to what has already been posted before. Also unfortunate though is the fact that previous threads stating your position (or very near to it) have been buried by all the other whining, ad hominem attacks, and constant posting of, "D3 is totally coming out on X date, dude. [Insert Retailer] told me so!"

Personally, I think the PvE crowd has done far less whining on the subject simply because they've gotten what they wanted. PvP has been removed from the core gameplay so they will no longer be griefed (by PvP'ers anyway, there will still be people greifing by way of not cooperating). Now, all of that has been consolidated - and I would add: vastly improved - into the arenas. A place where people who want to fight other people can go to fight people who also want to fight other people.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, one of the groups has a very vocal sub-group which cannot have fun unless they destroy the fun of others.
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 09:57 PMPosted by Vanten
as for the pve crowd.. stop %^-*!ing about pvp let the pvpers fight each other it doesnt hurt you.

I wish to correct this statement: They would have to find a new game to play in or be temporarily disadvantaged, by being the only (or one of two) people still in the game doing PvE, whereas the other three (or two) are doing PvP, and thus increasing the monster difficulty. So it does, in fact, affect them.
Reply Quote
10/27/2011 10:26 PMPosted by WhiteBomber
I wish to correct this statement: They would have to find a new game to play in or be temporarily disadvantaged, by being the only (or one of two) people still in the game doing PvE, whereas the other three (or two) are doing PvP, and thus increasing the monster difficulty. So it does, in fact, affect them.

thats why it should be seperate.. yes pvp should be in a diff game than the pve crowd..
Reply Quote
This thread is the same. Nothing different from your so called "different approach".

PvP-ers have the PvP arena. PvE-ers have the Campaign Mode. Simple as that.

Reply Quote

or for that matter, remove EVERYTHING that isnt "killing monsters".

Looking through your stash?
buying potions?
leveling up your artisans?
"get in your own game loser! and stop wasting our time"

Those are essential "interludes" for the PvE campaign, and yes, they will already reduce the amount of time that all players in a given game are out fighting in the same location. Incorporating dueling in campaign games would make that fragmentation even worse, and since it is NOT essential for the campaign and could be implemented as a function of the arena, it makes the most sense to do exactly that. This is especially true since the arena could easily allow more than four simultaneous players, something numerous PvP advocates here have said they enjoyed about D2 dueling games.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]